Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Got my 3 pt SFCs, tunnel mount torque arm installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Got my 3 pt SFCs, tunnel mount torque arm installed

I bought the UMI 3 pt SFCs, tunnel mount adj torque arm w/ DSL w/ crossmember for headers, kit#2203 on the TA & rear LCAs. The reason I got this setup is I wanted to get the TA off the trans tailshaft & give the frame better support. Also, I hear you typically get a lot of road noise with a tunnel mount TA setup, & I figured it be much better having the 3 pt SFCs tied in with the TA crossmember. I installed the SFCs & LCAs on Monday. I installed the torque arm on Wednesday. I adjusted the pinion angle, & I got a lot of vibration on the ride home so I assumed I did something wrong adjusting the TA. I set my pinion angle at -4 deg, driveshaft angle was +2 which I thought after reading some posts about it that should have put me between the spec of -1 & -3 at -2 deg. Then I got home last night & did another search on it. I had it adjusted to -6 I readjusted it today on the alignment rack. I set the pinion to -1 & the driveshaft to +1 so now its where it should be, -2 deg. Now no more vibration Install time on everything was about 2 hours. I really dont notice much road noise at all with this setup. I forgot my camera again, but I will post up some pics of the setup in a few days.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me know or, us, How your car feels and if you get vibrations and more road noise from your tunnel mounted TA because I heard from many people its just crazy the amount of noise transmited ..... I have the 3 point SFC and I wanted this TA but im kinda not sure on buying it because of this.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:20 PM
11 Second Club

I have the Tunnel mounted TA and it does have more road noise...but just turn the radio up or get louder exhaust . I wouldnt trade my torque arm for a Tranny mounted one any day of the week.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SuperSlow02
I have the Tunnel mounted TA and it does have more road noise...but just turn the radio up or get louder exhaust . I wouldnt trade my torque arm for a Tranny mounted one any day of the week.
Is yours tied into some 3 pt SFCs or all by itself tunnel mounted? What brand of TA do you have?
Old 08-16-2008, 07:39 PM
11 Second Club

I havnt got my SFCs yet, Its a UMI unit, Awsome product
Old 08-17-2008, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SS DNA
Let me know or, us, How your car feels and if you get vibrations and more road noise from your tunnel mounted TA because I heard from many people its just crazy the amount of noise transmited ..... I have the 3 point SFC and I wanted this TA but im kinda not sure on buying it because of this.
I have been driving it for 3 days now & honestly, it doesnt feel much different riding or driving than it did before I did the TA. I dont notice any road noise, it rides good, not harsh at all. I am sure if I didnt have the 3 pt SFCs it might be a different story cuz they must be distributing the load of the crossmember very well. I also have the piece of mind that the TA is off the trans tail housing. I got the crossmember with the bigger dip for LT setups. Didnt think I would need it because of how my exhaust tucks up but yea, glad I got that one. I still gotta post some pics of the setup. Will do tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:23 PM
TECH Addict

Here are some pics of the setup.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks Good! I had trouble also at first finding the right PA. Once you get it right the car doesnt have much road noise or vibrations over stock. Works and looks great too!

Quick Reply: Got my 3 pt SFCs, tunnel mount torque arm installed