Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

My Wheel Hop has Got to Go!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My Wheel Hop has Got to Go!

Hello, I've been battleing wheel hop for several seasons now (2001 Camaro). I have UMI LCAs, NA Torque arm, SFCs, and Poly Motor mounts already if that matters. My tires are original Eagle F1s, stock SS shocks, and no LCA Relocation Brackets. I also seem to get some chattering out of my OZ 700 clutch that seems more rear end related than clutch, but that might just be me.

I'm thinking, new tires, Nitto 555r or BFG Drag, QA1 rear shocks and bolt on LCA relocation brackets even though the car is not lowered. I do still have a few questions.

Should I do shocks first, are QA1 singles good enough, should I get springs, if so what rate?

Is a panhard bar necessary and would it help wheel hop on a non lowered car?

Would old tires make a difference? I need stickier ones anyway.

What are the nagatives or LCA Relocation brackets and should i do them first since they are the least expensive.

Should I can the NA TA and go with an adjustable one?

This Freaking wheel hop has to go! Thanks!
Old 08-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Banned

Got rid of mine with UMI weld on relocation brackets. It's at stock ride height, stock shocks, stock springs.

Yes you need a panhard bar, it keeps the rear centered, take that off the car and you're going to wreck.

Whats a NA torque arm?
Old 08-16-2008, 02:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

watch your 10 bolt with dr's they dont like 6 spds but they help go m/t or hoosier .....i dont have relocation brackets and i cut 1.50 ave 60'ft on a dr....
Old 08-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
Got rid of mine with UMI weld on relocation brackets. It's at stock ride height, stock shocks, stock springs.

Yes you need a panhard bar, it keeps the rear centered, take that off the car and you're going to wreck.

Whats a NA torque arm?
Yes I know I need a Torque Arm I meant do I need a better, possibly adjustable one. NA meant non-adjustable.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss

Whats a NA torque arm?
He meant is an after market panhard necessary?
Old 08-16-2008, 06:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
He meant is an after market panhard necessary?
You can measure it; mine was off by 13/16".
http://www.bmrfabrication.com/instructions/phr002.htm
Old 08-16-2008, 08:01 PM
11 Second Club

Wanna buy my QA1's when I take mine out? hahaha. I bought the car as a street car and the QA1's are more for the track so i'm probably getting new shocks.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm having the same problem with mine, i had LCA relo brackets installed on my 9", they are in the center hole, i'm also running stock springs & KYB gas-adjust shocks, it is very bad with wheel hop at the track, especially on street tire, not as bad with DRs, but its still there & very noticable, on the street however its hardly there or noticable, i'm sure its in the shocks/springs then anything else, just don't have the funds for QA1s.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
Wanna buy my QA1's when I take mine out? hahaha. I bought the car as a street car and the QA1's are more for the track so i'm probably getting new shocks.
I might be interested in your QA1s. I'm also considering Koni SAs, since this is mostly a street car. I'm still doing research and have not fully made a decision. I'm not really looking for super low 60' at this time just no wheel hop and decent 1.8 or so 60s.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:46 AM
11 Second Club

If your car is on the street most of the time, I'm gonna be good guy and not sell you my QA1's if you were interested.. If your car is lowered its a nightmare. Mine is with an AutoFab coil over system.. when I hit bumps on the street the rear SLAMS. So i wouldnt recommend these shocks on the street if your in that position.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
If your car is on the street most of the time, I'm gonna be good guy and not sell you my QA1's if you were interested.. If your car is lowered its a nightmare. Mine is with an AutoFab coil over system.. when I hit bumps on the street the rear SLAMS. So i wouldnt recommend these shocks on the street if your in that position.

Thanks! I don't plan on lowering, but I'm not sure I want track only suspension either. I posted in Drag Tech in hopes of getting more track info on Koni, strange, and QA1s, but i would like so opinions on street handling, It doesn't have to be great, but not feeling dangerous.