Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Back End Slams when i hit bumps

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 08:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Back End Slams when i hit bumps

Hey guys,

I made a thread on this a little while back, but one of my relatives was looking at my car and began saying it might not be my shocks.

When I hit a deep/decent sized bump, my rear end makes a SLAM which is very uncomfortable and cant be good for the car. The car is loooow, so my guess is my QA1's cant handle the bumps and my tires are just slamming into the bump stops. Would the QA1's do this on the street, or am I looking at a different source for this problem?

Also, what kind of shocks have you guys tried BESIDES Koni's? I would love to get Koni's but I'd like to have some extra money for some other things.
Now I know i'm going to get flamed, and told that i'm stupid to not get Koni's. I'd rather have your personal experience with different kinds of shocks.

Thanks guys
Old 08-16-2008, 10:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KYB AGX shocks.. adjustable and might help with your problem
Old 08-17-2008, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'll bet it might be your TA hitting the floor sence the car is lowered, also, did you check the extention & compression distance on the shocks before you installed them to make sure they had enough travel so they won't bottom out?
Old 08-17-2008, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Will E
KYB AGX shocks.. adjustable and might help with your problem
How much are these shocks? Are they accually adjustable with a **** or are they internally adj. like there gas-adjust?
Old 08-17-2008, 12:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really don't know what the hell it is. I definitely dont think my car is hitting the ground, I think I wouldve noticed marks or something would have broken. I bought the car with the QA1 drag shocks, so i have no Idea how long they've been in there either. Anyone have any experience with SLP Bilstein shocks?

Quick Reply: Back End Slams when i hit bumps