Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

choosing a TQ arm

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 12:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default choosing a TQ arm

Hi All,

I have been trying to research the last few weeks in determining which style of TQ Arm would be best for my application and have been coming up short on a few questions.

1. I am under the impression that the two mounting styles are according to the application.

a. Tunnel Brace for more drag racing less street.
b. transmission mount for more street than drag.

2. I also understand that some of the tunnel mount style may have issues with full exhaust.

My car is a weekend only vehicle that sees the track roughly once a month. Its lowered with DMS springs, and have LCAs, LCA Relocation brackets, Adj PHB, SFCs. I also have a DS safety loop installed.

On the tunnel mount, I am assuming i would need to remove the existing DS loop.

If I were to go transmission mount, will they it fit with the DS loop installed?
Old 08-17-2008, 09:15 AM
12 Second Club

So you have a aftermaket DS loop in place of the factory brace? Then go full leanth. It should fit since you still have the factory piece on there. My exp with Susp is with BMR,SLP,Yank and Spohn. I have a Yank crossmember but like BMRs because it gives a user more adj for a lowered car. And finding instant center. Go with a company that uses high quality heim joints or you will have problems. Short or long, depends also how harsh you are willing to live with. A long gives better ground clearance and room for diff exhaust. Short-does give more vibration, And less of the other. Bottom line-A long one is for you. You can keep it mounted to the tranny. A relocation off the transmission offers some advatages but not needed in most cases.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

I have got BMR DS loop to be exact.

So besides just tunnel mounted and tranny mounted there is also long and short?

I forgot that exhaust can play into fitment so a little on that:

JetHot LTs to 3in ORY runs along the stock location and dumps through a dynomax bullet just before the axle.

i know that chromoly is a stronger material, but how much will mild steel hold up to? The car put down 384HP as is and will be seeing 150shot of nitrous.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:48 PM
12 Second Club

Long is the tranny mount-short is mounted where the wavy plate was-where you have the DS loop at. Yes cromoly is stronger-but the mild steel can handle alot. Mild steel is cheaper and will take abuse on how you drive your car. People get a TQ arm relocation set-up to save the tranny tail housing from breaking. Seen quit a few single digit high horse TQ arm cars running the mild steel. Now who to get one from is up to you. If you already have mostly say BMR stuff-stay with them. Its easier to stay with one company-and BMR keeps track of any purchase you make, No matter how long ago. SO if any problems arise they can pull your order by name.