Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

QA1 and Strano question

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 09:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default QA1 and Strano question

Right now my car has strano springs all around. I just bought a 12 bolt and is supposed to be getting shipped out any day. I also want to put QA1's on my car and wanted to do the QA1 springs up front. Does anyone have pics of how the car would sit with the different springs (QA1 front, strano back)? Any opinions on how it would launch with the stranos in the back as far as weight transfer?
Old 08-27-2008, 09:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can adjust the front ride height to what ever you want with qa1's.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes the QA1 fronts are adjustable... I run the QA1 front coil over and stock rear springs for the racked looked. I think the Strano's in the rear would look great.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:51 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

That's a bad idea on so many levels.....

The QA1's can deal with the spring rate. The QA1 front springs are basically stock, and that's not a good idea when you lower the car, let alone when you add 25% more rear spring rate vs. stock.

I have a lot of folks in the 1.6's on my springs, Koni's and some even have my bars on the car. It'll launch fine with my rear springs, just the combination of the springs and shocks and what you are thinking in the front might not be what I'd call great....

It'd look cool, I guess. But I wouldn't want to drive it personally.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 08-28-2008, 03:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So would you suggest just to leave the stranos all around and still put the qa1s on all 4 corners? I was in debate to just put my stock rear springs back in with the heater hose mod and run the qa1 springs up front. Whats my best option. Thanks
Old 08-30-2008, 06:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have strano springs on the rear and QA1 shocks all around.QA1 300# springs in front. BMR sway bar that I disconnect at the track, air bag in left rear. Depending on track on my shock settings are set and I adjust them to my liking for the street. Stock rate for th e TA I believe is 275#. Its all personal taste. Ive cut 1.6 60' with stock rear shocks and springs with QA1s up front on stock sway bars. Aftermarket TQ arm and lca. On 255-50-16 BFG DR. But yes I am running a setup simular to what you are asking. As for wieght transfer-what is hurting me is I am missing the spring isolators. With those the srings will work great-Without the car is too low for anything to work as needed.

Quick Reply: QA1 and Strano question