Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Can air in brake lines cause this???

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 08:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Can air in brake lines cause this???

I did away with traction control for clearance of procharger by cutting bottom of block off, tapped and plugged the holes where traction control would tie into. My quest is can air in lines give you NO BRAKES at all?? I have fronts but no rears. I know I have alot of air in rear system. This is LT1 setup
Old 09-08-2008, 09:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of times your rear brakes have a large influence on pedal stiffness and pedal height. So yes air in the rear lines will cause you to have no brakes. Fluid takes the path of least resistance. While the air in the rear is compressing the pedal stoke is coming to an end and there isnt enoguh pressure to hold the vehicle. bleed the brakes all the way around and then check back with us.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool will do thanks!!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the rear system? the brake system is a closed system. bleed the caliper furthest from the master cylinder first, then the next one furthest from it and so on. and dont just bleed them a couple of time i usually do it abt 10 to 15 times on each one. i like to be 100% and the next time you do decide to do brakes remove the cap from the reservoir and do the brakes it will keep you from havin to blled them again.