Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

No Brake Pedal!! Need Your Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 09:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No Brake Pedal!! Need Your Opinion

Just finished up a motor swap after the car has been sitting for 2 years and I have no brake pedal resistance if that makes any sense. The only thing that has changed in the system is the Pedals are from a 00 F-body.

With the Car off the pedal gets hard and stays hard without dropping, When I start the car it will go straight to the floor.

The Brakes have been bled 4 times to make sure there is no air in the system starting from RR,LR,RF,LF doing the two man method, I bled the master cylinder as well and I'm 100% sure there are no External visible leaks in the system but I still don't have a pedal.

The car stops and will lock up the brakes and cause the ABS to kick on if you slam the pedal to the floor but there is no resistance in the pedal so you have to modulate your foot so you don't do a complete nose dive coming to a stop.

When I activate the line lock the pedal will still travel 1/4''-1/2'' down but will not get rock hard. I blocked off the rear brakes at the rear Line and the stopping power got worse and the car almost didn't want to stop.

I'm thinking the master cylinder is shot or there is air trapped in the ABS system and I Wanted to get some opinions and Ideas on the situation as I'm all out of Ideas and just want the pedal to return back to normal.

Thanks for the help, I apoligize for the long post but wanted to get all the info and testing done out there.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Check out my post in this tread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/895425-need-help-brake-problem.html
Old 09-13-2008, 11:51 AM
11 Second Club

Calipers have been swapped twice and still have the same issue.