Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

what springs for...

Old 09-29-2008, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question what springs for...

I just went out in the garage and measured from the ground to the bottom of all 4 fenders.. the front two measured exactly the same but the rear measured a 1/4 in. different. is this normal for stock height cars? and i was wondering if i could lower the front of the car around 1" and the rear around 2"? would this be alright or would it cause problems?
Old 09-29-2008, 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

typically the drivers side sits a bit higher. possibly to account for driver weight. but yeah you can lower the back slightly more than the front without problems, although i wouldn't do a full inch more. i have some slp eibach springs for sale if you're interested that'll lower the front of the car about an inch and then you could do some pro-kit or sportline springs in the rear along with the heater hose mod for about a 2 inch drop. or you could run some BMR springs with the heater hose in the back, should put you close to where you want it.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:52 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for the plug creeper, our springs should put you at the ride height you are looking for. We have the springs in stock and ready to ship. You can purchase all four at $229.95 or just fronts or rears for $125.95 per pair.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Last edited by BMR Tech2; 12-09-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by therealcreeper
typically the drivers side sits a bit higher. possibly to account for driver weight. but yeah you can lower the back slightly more than the front without problems, although i wouldn't do a full inch more. i have some slp eibach springs for sale if you're interested that'll lower the front of the car about an inch and then you could do some pro-kit or sportline springs in the rear along with the heater hose mod for about a 2 inch drop. or you could run some BMR springs with the heater hose in the back, should put you close to where you want it.
I would not recommend using Eibach sportlines at all. If your dead set on using the prokit, you should use the LT1 set, not the LS1 set.

Search this Thread