Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors
View Poll Results: Strano Spring Owners: How do you feel about the springs?
Like them, would recommend to others
82.71%
Hate them, think Strano is off his rocker
4.21%
Neither, find them no better or worse than other springs
13.08%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Strano Spring Owners: Love them, hate them, or in between?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 02:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Default Strano Spring Owners: Love them, hate them, or in between?

Due to recent, I'll call it "activity" regarding springs and certain claims made I felt it was time to ask, publicly, what those of you have Strano Performance Parts springs think of them.....

I can't keep them in stock and I have gotten excellent feedback about them, better than any other product I've ever sold, period. I realize I can't please everyone all the time, but and curious what you folks using the product think.

I ask you vote in the poll, but also drop a response in the thread about what shocks you are using, and if adjustable how changing the damping, as well as changing things like tire pressure have effected the car (good or bad).

BTW, we have springs on order. Approximately 100 sets arriving (about 10-12 weeks from now), roughly 9 sets already backordered/sold.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 09-30-2008, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a set of Strano springs, and the car feels (and looks) better than it did...and I'm still running my old De Carbons. I've still got to the Koni's I got from Sam in a box...can't wait to install those badboys.

Great product Sam, Thanks!
Old 09-30-2008, 02:50 PM
12 Second Club

I got a set of rears when you had an overstock on them last year. But I am running on QA1s and dont recomend this because of these shocks dont have enough vavling(control) to work with these springs. I am running 300# QA1s up front also with a 35mm solid BMR swaybar, stock rear. Future plans are a hollow front swaybar. Also dont recomment removing the rear spring isolater with your springs. I liked the hieght I got, But really needed to run a shock that had more control at the hieght.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

I love them. Even on the stock shocks the springs really woke the car up. I have a set of koni sa waiting for me when i get back to to real world though.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by tillery
I got a set of rears when you had an overstock on them last year. But I am running on QA1s and dont recomend this because of these shocks dont have enough vavling(control) to work with these springs. I am running 300# QA1s up front also with a 35mm solid BMR swaybar, stock rear. Future plans are a hollow front swaybar. Also dont recomment removing the rear spring isolater with your springs. I liked the hieght I got, But really needed to run a shock that had more control at the hieght.
QA1's are never good shocks to run when trying to damp a car well, let alone with lowering springs.

My springs are designed to be run with the isolator, but it is up to the owner to run them without if he/she wants more drop. But again, more drop means less working travel for the shock to do it's damping in (and why we don't slam cars).

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 09-30-2008, 02:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Anyone with issues of the car been way too low or way lower than you were led to believe or expected? I'd guess not based on the responses so far, but part of reason for this thread/poll related to someone claiming a slammed ride height (only one ever I can recall)..

Old 09-30-2008, 03:13 PM
12 Second Club

Oh I know! And when they get hot, which dont take long, They fade completely. I got them 4yrs ago when I got my TA and went drag racing. But I dont get to much and looking to replace them for a better shock for better control. My isolaters have been MIA and need to replace them asap! I understand the the fluid working of shock/struts. I am saving for a complete suspension overhaul. My suspension does not move(articulate) for crap. For now Im thinking of the watts setup and better hollow swaybars . I dont Auto cross but better street control.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:53 PM
Dex
TECH Regular

I love mine. I bought mine used with a set of revalved bilstiens and it so SOOOO much better then stock.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love mine. I had Sam's revalved Bilsteins and Eibach Pros for 4 years. This is MUCH better. And the ride height is higher now than with the Pros. I only scrape the air dam rarely. Ride quality really improved.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had my Strano/Koni Pkg on the car for about 4 months now and it the best money I have ever spent on this car. I really can't say enough about how well this thing drives. Compared to my Old 124K mile Springs and Shocks the difference is Night and Day.
I have Sams springs swaybars and Koni 4/4's. The fronts are set 4 sweeps from full firm and the rears are 1/2 turn from full soft. I've played with the rear settings slightly to soften up the ride and at this point I'm happy with it.
I'm running 18's w/ 245/40's in the front and 275/35's in the rear both set at 30 lbs. I've had them as high as 35 but the ride suffered too much.
Overall The ride is Firm like you would want a performance car to be but not harsh on your back and kidneys like a Race Car. It corners flat has quik reaction to steering input and feels planted in almost all situations. It's actually quite enjoyable.
And IMO anyone who complains about it shouldn't be driving one of these Cars. I mean it's Not a Luxury Sedan so why should it ride like one ?
My Hats off to Sam for coming up with a very Liveable setup that Performs when you want it to.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Viper
I love mine. I had Sam's revalved Bilsteins and Eibach Pros for 4 years. This is MUCH better. And the ride height is higher now than with the Pros. I only scrape the air dam rarely. Ride quality really improved.
Aren't you now on Koni's as well? I was pretty sure you swapped springs and shocks at the same time. Am I remembering that incorrectly John?

Old 09-30-2008, 06:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Mustang5.Ohater:

I see you voted that you didn't like the springs. I have little issue with that.

However, I would like to know your reasons instead of just a blind vote if you'd be so kind. This is why I asked voters to post a response for all to read. And if you could PM your real name, so I can confirm you've actually had my springs, I would appreciate that as well.

I can't put much stock in screen names when I can't confirm if they've had my springs. I mean, I might have just pissed someone off so they want to vote "suck".

Old 09-30-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im liking the springs so far, however it seems like my car is very low in the front. Im runnning koni's and on the upper perch. Ill hafta post up a pic but just from looking at other peoples cars with your springs it seems like they have a larger fender to tire gap than i do. This also may be due to the fact that my car was totalled at one point in its life and suffered frame damage. Anyway im loving the springs so far and ill try to get a pic or two posted up of the front.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Launching!

I have them on my 99 Firechicken and I love them. Ride height is perfect, not so low that DD is an issue, but enough to offer the look and more importantly the performance that was promised. This is the spring these cars should have had from the factory.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the Strano springs and Koni 4/4 shocks. The stance is awesome and has a perfect height of 26.75" on all four corners.

I would definitely recommend them to others.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought a set of these springs and Koni 4/3 shocks (along with the F/R sway bars) and all I have toi say is the car goes round corners like it's on rails, and the ride while firm, is not beat you death stiff
I've driven this car on HRPT 08 and, and to shows in KS and OK, and on several 200+ mile poker runs, and the ride was perfectly comfortable, at least to me.
The difference in ride height is noticable, but not extreme, I dropped about 1.25 inch in the front and a little more than that in the rear
All in all I'm very happy with the suspension as it sits and have no plans to change it
So chalk up another satisfied Strano customer, and yes I have recommended this set up to several other f body owners
Old 09-30-2008, 11:54 PM
TECH Addict

Sam, I love the springs. I'm running Starno springs, F&R bars, and Koni 4/4s, SJM double rod ended LCAs, and SJM PHR. The car is very well mannered. It is very responsive to your steering input (not overly responsive though). Turn in feels great, and the car feels pretty well neutral through hard and fast corners. I've tracked the car with the setup a few different times now and my brakes are my current main problem, not suspension! Going through the canyons, the setup is nearly perfect for it. I've said before in other threads I walk away from STi's in the canyons and really couldn't ask for anything else from them. Driving around town, is surprisingly more comfortably with my Strano setup then with stock suspension. It reacts to potholes very well (i mean some gnarly potholes you think would crack your rims on and send a shutter through your spine, i hit 1 a lil while back :o ), and with the Koni's it reacts flawlessly.

I'm currently running NT-01s and can definitely tell the difference when it comes to tire pressures. The car is much more 'fine-tune-able' for the nit-picky guys over the stock crap. Since I went with the NT-01s I even tightened the rear shocks by I think it was a half a turn, or maybe a full (can't remember now) and liked it a bit better, but I think I may soften it again because I do have a little oversteer on some corner exits..

For what you designed them to do Sam, they do quite wonderfully and I thank you for that!
Old 10-01-2008, 12:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the springs. The only reason, at the time, I decided to go with springs is for the look of a lowered car. I wasn't concerned with ride quality or how it handles but I chose your springs because it known as the best handling springs for the F-Body. Since I was in it for the looks, why not get a product that handles the best also right? I wouldn't know how it stacks up to BMR, DMS or others because I haven't tried them. The car handles great but the only thing I would put as a con is that the front is jus' a tad higher than I would have liked. All-in-all, I highly recommend these springs.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

I love the look, ride, and handling that they provided. I was really skeptical about lowering my car, but after talking to you on the phone for about 45 min, I learned alot and it really was a mod I'm glad I did. It was a bit lower than I had anticipated which makes getting my floor jack under the car a PITA and I drag the Y pipe on certain situations, but that's just the nature of a lowered car. Overall, I would do it the exact same way! Plus...the sway bars are probably the 2nd best thing I could have done to my car. I purposely installed the springs and bars seperately.....wow, what a difference a decent sway bar makes.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:09 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I like them. I'm using them in conjunction with Koni SAs. My only complaint is that in order to get the rear ride height I wanted, I had to remove the isolators and use heater hose on the top coil. Otherwise the car sat too high in the back. No other complaints.

Quick Reply: Strano Spring Owners: Love them, hate them, or in between?