Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

So what's the verdict on BSI Brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 08:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So what's the verdict on BSI Brakes?

It's that time again for pads and rotors all around. I'd like to get Brembo's or ATE's, but frankly I don't want to shell out that kind of dough. So I'm leaning toward risking the warping and cracking and going with drilled/slotted rotors (because they just look so damn cool). BSI looks like they've got a good price for hawk ceramics and cryo rotors.

But have these guys worked out their shipping and customer service issues? I don't mind waiting 2 or 3 weeks for the goods to get here, but I don't want to deal with any headaches. The last thread that covered this company faded away and was left with a question mark.

Any thoughts?
Old 10-01-2008, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was considering them also....but after reading the responses in the Sponsor Sales threads, I ended up going with WS6store rotors for 2 reasons:

1. they could get them to me in a week
2. both people I talked to there had have them for over 3 years with no cracking

I am not ripping on BSI, I just did my research and decided against them. They may have a completely satisfactory product, but I felt that my money was better spent with WS6store, especially for my timeframe.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Launching!

Me too! I'm considering the BSI package vs. the WS6store brembo's+hawk HPS's. The BSI deal looks like a good buy, but I've never heard anything about them. Anyone wanna chime in?
Old 10-02-2008, 09:29 AM
12 Second Club

my BSI's are working great so far....got them in about a week and have had them on for about 2 so far...
Old 10-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Teching In

I have had them for about 7 months now and they work great i got them with the hawk hps and not the Ceramics because when i had the Ceramics when i would brake hard and fast i felt that they would slip but i havent had any issue with these rotors or pads.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ordered my Hawk cermaic and rotors through them over a year ago while i was deployed.....have no problems yet look and work great for an amazing price
Old 10-02-2008, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have no complaints with my BSI brakes and Hawk pads.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Teching In

Yeah I'd like to get them. I just don't want to be one of those "forgotten" orders.

Maybe ordering over the phone would put me at the top of their priority list?
Old 10-02-2008, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im going to probably be getting my new brakes and pads from them as well. Only time they really had trouble with orders was when they took preorders before they actually released the brakes. Hopefully I wont have any trouble with them though.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:34 AM
TECH Regular

I just picked up this set of rotors and pads:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy...mZ260294892046

The whole package got here in only three days and they look great. I opted for ceramics so that my new wheels will stay as clean as possible. The zinc coating looks very high quality and the pads are made by powerstop. Free shipping!
Old 10-03-2008, 03:57 PM
On The Tree

I had a big issue with BSI 's customer service and there product. With that being said the issues i had were resolved.They replaced the rotor that I had issues with and also sent me another one for the other side.Also this was not due to pre orders as stated above.As far as their brakes and pads are concerned, I am very happy with them so far. I think BSI has improved their customer service since my purchase and I would hope they continue to strive in that direction as I think they have a good product.