Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Dumb LCA questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 02:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumb LCA questions

Do you need Adjustable LCA if you have a adj. torque arm or will fixed boxed or tubular be fine? And would relocation brackets for the LCA be a good idea for a M6 4th TA at stock ride?
Old 10-08-2008, 04:18 AM
Launching!

you don't have to have adj lca's. The adj. torque arm (TA) just adjusts the attitude of the pinion for more or less bite on the launch and more or less wear on the u-joints. The relocation brackets (RLCA's) aren't required if you're staying at stock height although they should help traction off the line even without a ride height change.

As far as I see it, the adjustable LCA's would just move the axle line forward or back and that can change your instant center for the launch. So I guess if you want to be hardcore into drag racing then they might be a good choice. Otherwise they're not required by an adj. TA.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as long as your lca's have an uphill angle towards the front of the car, then relocation brackets aren't required. we advise having them anyway, so wheel hop/traction are not an issue. BMR carries a weld-on relocation bracket kit that we use. very good product and worth the money to drag racers
Old 10-08-2008, 08:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mtperformance
Do you need Adjustable LCA if you have a adj. torque arm or will fixed boxed or tubular be fine? And would relocation brackets for the LCA be a good idea for a M6 4th TA at stock ride?
Hello,

Fixed length control arms will work just fine with an adjustable torque arm. Also we always recommend and use relocation brackets for traction... they are one of the cheapest traction modifications you can do to the vehicle. We offer a set of non-adjust. lower control arms for $109.99 a set and we have both weld in and bolt in relocation brackets for $64.99 or $89.99 a set... I pasted a few links below, please take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

www.umiperformance.com/2010

www.umiperformance.com/2012

www.umiperformance.com/2015

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 10-08-2008, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

Not meaning to change the subject or hijack the thread, but which is better. Bolt in or weld in brackets, and are the bolt in brackets like bolt in sfc's that can be welded in later.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucksbadz
Not meaning to change the subject or hijack the thread, but which is better. Bolt in or weld in brackets, and are the bolt in brackets like bolt in sfc's that can be welded in later.
the bolt in brackets work just fine, welding is optimal since there is less chance of them every moving or bolts coming loose. The bolt in models could be welded at any time as well.

If I can help anymore please ask. Thank you!
Ryan
Old 10-08-2008, 01:24 PM
On The Tree

If both are welded in, is there any strength advantage in the bolt in over the weld in since the bolt in ties into the shock mount on the axle? I think welding in the bolt in type would be stronger and more of a sound design because of that but i may be wrong. Thats why i bought the boxed UMI sfc's a few months ago, because they tie into the front LCA bracket. Damn deployments, still waiting to get back and put them in.

Last edited by Bucksbadz; 10-08-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:16 AM
On The Tree

Thanks guys you have been a big help

Quick Reply: Dumb LCA questions