Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

DMS Springs

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 10:13 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DMS Springs

I have a 98 SS. It rarely moves from the garage, but when it does I'd like it to have a decent ride. Not long ago I replaced the stock springs with DMS springs. Long ago I bought a set of take-off decarbons from SLP for almost nothing. When I installed the DMS springs I also replaced my old decarbons with the take-offs I had been holding on to. I now know a little better and would like to make it right. How are Konis with DMS? How are Konis with stock springs on lower perch and hose mod? Should I use the DMS springs with some other shock? The stance with DMS and decarbons (with hose mod) is great but the ride leaves a lot to be desired. I know calling Sam is an option but I don't want to take up his time until I'm a little more sure I'm ready to buy.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by pjb
I have a 98 SS. It rarely moves from the garage, but when it does I'd like it to have a decent ride. Not long ago I replaced the stock springs with DMS springs. Long ago I bought a set of take-off decarbons from SLP for almost nothing. When I installed the DMS springs I also replaced my old decarbons with the take-offs I had been holding on to. I now know a little better and would like to make it right. How are Konis with DMS? How are Konis with stock springs on lower perch and hose mod? Should I use the DMS springs with some other shock? The stance with DMS and decarbons (with hose mod) is great but the ride leaves a lot to be desired. I know calling Sam is an option but I don't want to take up his time until I'm a little more sure I'm ready to buy.
I can make it pretty easy... Koni's are excellent pretty much no matter what as long a the springs just don't suck. The *HUGE* damping range allows them to be used and used well with all sorts of springs ranging from stocker to ones much heavier than you have.

As for not calling me and my time. I truly appreciate not wanting to take up my time until you are ready to buy. That said, I'm not just out for an easy sale. I fully expect and prefer that folks get their questions answered. In short, I don't see it as a waste of time unless I'm just sucked for free info an they buy elsewhere.

The fact you'd make such a statement shows me you aren't the type to do that. So call me if you want answers. I'll do the best I can to tell you what you want to know (and maybe more). All I ask is that if you have a lot of questions (which is fine) you call my tech-line which is 814-849-3450

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!