Brother backed into my car...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brother backed into my car...

...and now the front bumper cover needs to be replaced. He decided to not look behind him before he backed out of the driveway and smashed into my car. Catered in the passenger side headlight bucket and scuffed the rest of the bumper pretty bad.

He is going to pay for a new cover and paint, but I'm considering just getting my car completely repainted because my rear bumper needs it as well as my trunk lid.

Has anyone heard of anything about S&T here in Katy? I've heard some good things about them, but anyone have first hand experience? Any ideas on the cost of a full repaint, same color?
Old 01-11-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry to hear that Todd!
Old 01-11-2009, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RedRyder518
...and now the front bumper cover needs to be replaced. He decided to not look behind him before he backed out of the driveway and smashed into my car. Catered in the passenger side headlight bucket and scuffed the rest of the bumper pretty bad.

He is going to pay for a new cover and paint, but I'm considering just getting my car completely repainted because my rear bumper needs it as well as my trunk lid.

Has anyone heard of anything about S&T here in Katy? I've heard some good things about them, but anyone have first hand experience? Any ideas on the cost of a full repaint, same color?
ill tell you this much. look to spend anywheres up to 5k$ for a good paint job. anything less is questionable as far as paint ,material quality goes. and pretty much the only right way to do it is to have the car apart to access jambs behind panels, etc. i did a lot of my own body work and paint prep. and still had to spend about 2200$ on just paint and supplies alone. and thats just using ppg paint. sucks to hear what happened.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I also need to get a new nose for my 97. Where is a good place to get a quality replacement part? I have seen cheap ones on ebay, but that seems like b.s.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 97LT1
I also need to get a new nose for my 97. Where is a good place to get a quality replacement part? I have seen cheap ones on ebay, but that seems like b.s.
the cheap ones your finding on ebay are nothing more than some idiot shopping at certifit and marking it up. the bumpers there are like 25$ but have the hardness and consistency of a trash can. i prefer gm factory parts. cant beat the fitment or quality of oem stuff. yea they are a lil more pricey like 180$ but well worth it.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
the cheap ones your finding on ebay are nothing more than some idiot shopping at certifit and marking it up. the bumpers there are like 25$ but have the hardness and consistency of a trash can. i prefer gm factory parts. cant beat the fitment or quality of oem stuff. yea they are a lil more pricey like 180$ but well worth it.
I agree with you on that. Only GM parts will go on my car.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RedRyder518
I agree with you on that. Only GM parts will go on my car.
Same thing happened to me on CHRISTMAS DAY!!

Its going into the body shop this coming Wen. hopefully, good luck with getting it back together & looking good!
Old 01-12-2009, 08:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

So does anyone have experience with S&T?