TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Texans hire new defensive coordinator

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6208713.html
Old 01-13-2009, 01:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Ben,

Do you know if Bush is aggressive? Does he like to blitz? I'd like to see more blitzing.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

interesting...

can't wait for next season
Old 01-13-2009, 04:22 PM
FormerVendor

Frank says he wants to simplify the defense so that they can play faster and create more turnovers. He wants to have an attacking defense that puts pressure on an offense.

Hopefully we have another good draft and get some production from our defense.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Texans need a middle linebacker so they can move Ryans to his more natural positions of OLB. Our secondary needs help too.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:29 AM
TECH Junkie

In order of importance I would say it goes DE, S, DT, LB, RB, CB.

I can't imagine our first three picks in the draft not being on the defensive side of the ball. The only way I see anything different is if we get a RB in the second or third round, but we would have to grade him out really really high to do that.

Defense starts up front and we need another pass rusher opposite of Mario. We also need a dominating DT, but Frank Bush will help Okoye become a very big player for us. Coming out of college Rod Marinelli said Okoye was the best lineman in the draft if you want quick lineman that can shoot the gaps, which is just how Frank Bush wants to play. If Okoye can stay healthy I think we'll see him have a great season.

Taylor Mays from USC is staying put for his senior season so I'd be willing to bet we pick up a DE in the first round.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:50 AM
Mustang Moderator

Originally Posted by Ben R
In order of importance I would say it goes DE, S, DT, LB, RB, CB.

I can't imagine our first three picks in the draft not being on the defensive side of the ball. The only way I see anything different is if we get a RB in the second or third round, but we would have to grade him out really really high to do that.

Defense starts up front and we need another pass rusher opposite of Mario. We also need a dominating DT, but Frank Bush will help Okoye become a very big player for us. Coming out of college Rod Marinelli said Okoye was the best lineman in the draft if you want quick lineman that can shoot the gaps, which is just how Frank Bush wants to play. If Okoye can stay healthy I think we'll see him have a great season.

Taylor Mays from USC is staying put for his senior season so I'd be willing to bet we pick up a DE in the first round.
Yeah...I agree...I see us picking another DE in the 1st round...
A good safety is a must too....

LB's or CB's next....if all our LB's stay healthy we are pretty good there...

Would like to see us pick an RB bigger than Slaton (like say 210lb+)...someone that can give Slaton a breather and at the same time be able to pound the defense some....

I think Bush was a good pick as a D.C....makes the transition smooth and he was actually Gary K's pick originally before R. Smith....
Old 01-14-2009, 07:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben R
I heard that yesterday...sucks.