Need Help Guys ASAP!!!!

Old 01-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need Help Guys ASAP!!!!

I've got a favor to ask all of you houston guys and also need a little advice. Most all of you guys know me around the car scene, the late night mexico runs etc. but on to my story......A while back i bought a camaro and had quite a bit of work done to it, decided i was gonna sell it and met a kid who was highly entusiastic about the car and wanted it real bad, problem is he didn't have all of the money, so in good faith i sold him the car and wrote in the bill of sale the amount paid down and the amount owed. I gave the kid 30 days to pay me and its now been 3 months and i haven't heard one peep from this kid. Thats not even the worst part, today i recieved 16 toll road violations in the mail from this little bastard running tolls!!!! Needless to say, I am ****** PISSED!! So the question i quess i need help with is, should i file a lawsuit against this kid for my money owed or should i just go get the car since its still in my name??
I'm sure most of you guys have seen the car out, i heard he's been going to some of the meets, it's the white camaro with the SS hood and Wing, it has a single silver stripe on the hood, deck and spoiler, and it has the brand new Chrome C6 Z06 wheels on it.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:45 PM
TECH Resident

I'd be packin and go get my car back if I were you. Hope you kept the 2nd set of keys, remote, and title! As far as the toll road violations, not sure how you'd take care of those, but you do have the bill of sale in your possession. Good luck. Were you smart in the beginning, and got all of the kids info? Hope so!
Old 01-16-2009, 09:45 PM
10 Second Club

Track him down and take the car. I would not mess with the courts at that point. i live outside of Needville too..where are you?
Old 01-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02txceta
Track him down and take the car. I would not mess with the courts at that point. i live outside of Needville too..where are you?
I'm right off of 36, somewhat acrros the street from the Needville High School.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

Did you keep the title ??? If so just call it in stolen the police will find it for you.....
10 Second Club

I am in Pecan Bend by the park
TECH Enthusiast

Dont take my word for this, but the descripton of your car sounds like one I seen either on the forsale boards here or Craigslist, even listed in the houston area. I'll keep my eye out.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:55 PM
10 Second Club

He wrote the guy a bill of sale though...police wont view it as stolen at that point.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

Don't tell them untill it is found... You ought to know with both of us being ex cops the old saying "you might beat the rap but you won't beat the ride"
Old 01-16-2009, 10:00 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, just didn't want to see him get in any crap for posting it stolen. You could send him a demand letter certified but then you give him time to go trash it. I would hot foot it over to him and take it...
Old 01-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02txceta
I am in Pecan Bend by the park
The famous Pecan Bend!! I know where u are,I'm a fireman, we worked a structure fire out there before Christmas.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:07 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, you and 200 others..was pretty crazy. Still haven't been back there to see what happened.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:14 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see it all the time Ryan. Just go get the car and tell the guy to come pick it up when he has the rest of the money etc...
Old 01-17-2009, 04:58 AM
Teching In

if you have the kids address just hire a tow truck guy and have him take it back from him
Old 01-17-2009, 05:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Z OH 6
I've got a favor to ask all of you houston guys and also need a little advice. Most all of you guys know me around the car scene, the late night mexico runs etc. but on to my story......A while back i bought a camaro and had quite a bit of work done to it, decided i was gonna sell it and met a kid who was highly entusiastic about the car and wanted it real bad, problem is he didn't have all of the money, so in good faith i sold him the car and wrote in the bill of sale the amount paid down and the amount owed. I gave the kid 30 days to pay me and its now been 3 months and i haven't heard one peep from this kid. Thats not even the worst part, today i recieved 16 toll road violations in the mail from this little bastard running tolls!!!! Needless to say, I am ****** PISSED!! So the question i quess i need help with is, should i file a lawsuit against this kid for my money owed or should i just go get the car since its still in my name??
I'm sure most of you guys have seen the car out, i heard he's been going to some of the meets, it's the white camaro with the SS hood and Wing, it has a single silver stripe on the hood, deck and spoiler, and it has the brand new Chrome C6 Z06 wheels on it.
Did I read this deal correctly? It sounds like you left your plates on the car too? How else would they have your address from the toll fines? Just curious how much more he still owes you on the car? $10, $100, $1000 or $10,000. Wow what a bad deal this has turned out to be. There are all sorts of things to be done here but you need to give us a few more details.........

Did you give him the title?
Did you let him keep your plates on the car?
How much does he owe you on the car (use a percentage if your not comfortable with stating the actual amount)
Did you have a pre-arranged payment plan?
Did you tell him, "Pay me whenever you get the money"?
Did he sign anything saying he would pay you the money? Did he sign anything at all?

I think if I were you I would first try to get it back legally. 1 phone call to your local police and they can advise you what to do. If the title is still in your name, it still has your plates and he hasn't signed a damn thing....go get the car and drive it back home and forget you ever met this kid. If he has signed paperwork by you and him saying nothing about repayment terms, you might be screwed and have to take him to court.

Good luck.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:56 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Inspector12
I see it all the time Ryan. Just go get the car and tell the guy to come pick it up when he has the rest of the money etc...
add those toll violation fees to it as well...... I assume about 50 bucks each?
Old 01-17-2009, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Also if the title is still in your name and the kid is out driving around what is going to happen if he hits someone?

Search this Thread