Default CCL holders to the rescue

Police shoot woman suspected of wounding man with arrow
HPD sergeant fired after woman pointed hunting bow and arrow at him, police say

By MIKE GLENN and ANITA HASSAN
Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle
Jan. 20, 2009, 3:05PM
Share Print Email Del.icio.usDiggTechnoratiYahoo! Buzz
Resources
A woman accused of shooting a man with a bow and arrow at her father's workplace before being shot by two civilians and a Houston police officer has been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Julie Parker, 33, was listed in fair condition at Ben Taub General Hospital today with several gunshot wounds suffered in the Monday afternoon incident.

Police and witnesses said that Parker shot Armando Silva in the chest with a hunting bow and arrow after she entered the offices of Texas Components Corp. in northwest Houston.

Silva, 49, was reported in good condition at Ben Taub today.

Police are still trying to determine the motive for the incident. Officers said the violence erupted after Parker came into the office in the 1600 block of West Sam Houston Parkway with a hunting bow and arrows and what appeared to be a handgun about 3 p.m. Monday.

Her father works there and was in the building at the time, police said, but it was not clear whether she was looking for him.

After walking into the company's micro-electronics division, Parker shot Silva with an arrow and then pointed the apparent gun at two other employees, police said.

Those employees, who are licensed to carry concealed handguns, fired "numerous" shots at Parker, hitting her several times, investigators said.

Parker dropped her pistol, which later was found not to be a real gun, and retreated to an office with the bow and arrow, officers said. Workers at nearby businesses took cover and called police.

Police arrived about 3:15 p.m. and were told the woman was hiding in one of the rooms inside the office building. As the officers tried to rescue Silva, Sgt. M.S. O'Neil saw Parker pointing her bow and an arrow at him and drawing back the string, police said.

O'Neil, a 23-year HPD veteran, ordered her several times to drop the bow, police said. He fired several shots as she continued to point it at him, they said.

Sgt. John Chomiak said the woman was not employed by the company. Police interviewed her father, whose name was not disclosed, late Monday. The owner of the company declined to comment.

As is customary when officers are involved in shootings, the incident is being investigated by the HPD homicide and internal affairs divisions and by the Harris County District Attorney's Office, police said.

Employees of other businesses in the strip center appeared stunned as officers investigated Monday evening.

Michael Barrera, who works at an optical company in the strip center, said employees had opened the door to enjoy the cool breeze.

“Next thing you know, we hear five or six gunshots,” the 44-year-old man said.

Minutes later, he saw police arrive and enter the building before he heard more gunfire.

George Dustin, who owns a pool service company in the strip center, said he also heard several gunshots. He said he saw paramedics bring out Parker and Silva.

“They had to get a bolt cutter to get the arrow out and put him in the ambulance,” he said.

Notice how the media that reported this headlined the story with "Police shoot woman", even though the concealed carry holders shot her first. This could be a really good example of why a person is safer and how a workplace is safer with CCW holders on premise, but alas, the MSM wont admit that....
Old 01-20-2009, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's great but i hate the ******* media like you pointed out...... cant wait to get my CCL next year
Old 01-20-2009, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome for those guys. Crazy bitch deserves it. Just a quick question though. Isn't it CHL (Concealed Handgun License)? I've never heard CCL or CCW
Old 01-20-2009, 11:51 PM
10 Second Club

Concealed Carry License... Concealed Handgun License, Carrying a Concealed Weapon permit... it's all the same. I get mine in Nov.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:56 AM
9 Second Club

Who the hell shoots someone with a bow and arrow???
Old 01-21-2009, 01:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slash8915
Who the hell shoots someone with a bow and arrow???
Texans.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Easy does it easy, pssssh but that's how WE do it.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

That was one tough bitch! (or some sorry *** shooters, or weak bullets)
Old 01-21-2009, 11:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For real, shot by 3 people and in good condition?? That's either poor aiming or a tough bitch!
Old 01-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Launching!

One of the CHL holders is a member at ar15.com. He knew the lady was the daughter of one of his co-workers and was shooting over her head trying to keep her down. He wasn't trying to hit her. The other guy shot her a couple times with a .380. Once in the torso and once in the knee I think. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=341905
Old 01-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Teching In

I wish I was able to carry my gun while working.. I go into the plants and its a Federal law that I cant. If we could I would have shot the dude trying to carjack me while on the clock.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

We need to ban these deadly assault bow's.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:45 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TXB4Z
We need to ban these deadly assault bow's.
made me lol
Old 01-22-2009, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bill of rights never said anything about the right to bear bows only the right to bear arms.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by I8ASaleen
Bill of rights never said anything about the right to bear bows only the right to bear arms.
You might want to look up the definition of "arms."
Old 01-23-2009, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

good one!
Old 01-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by skinnyVHO
One of the CHL holders is a member at ar15.com. He knew the lady was the daughter of one of his co-workers and was shooting over her head trying to keep her down. He wasn't trying to hit her. The other guy shot her a couple times with a .380. Once in the torso and once in the knee I think. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=341905
I guess they locked/deleted that thread. Link just takes me to the Texas forum.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

They couldn't just tackle her inbetween shots??? Its a fuggin bow...