paintballers

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paintballers

Did this for the first time yesterday with a few friends.

Needless to say it was a blast!

I want to get into it. Do we have any paintballers on here?

- What guns do you use?

- Where do you go to play in Houston?
Old 01-26-2009, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been playing for 11 years. I played 5 years in HRL during highschool, and currently play rec ball out in Austin, TX

In Houston, I played a lot at Tanks and Twisted Games. Twisted is a nice field, but you really need to make some friends there to have some fun. The more people you know there, the better they will treat you...

Currently shoot a shocker, but have owned a ton of guns!
Old 01-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Launching!

any advice for a noob getting into the "sport" ?

There is speedball and woodsball that's about all I have researched now.

Is the Tippmann X7 a good gun?

Guy that we played with yesterday said this is an all around good gun.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:21 PM
TECH Veteran

I love paintball. Winter is the best time b/c you can wear coveralls, sweaters, etc. to lessen the pain I've got a Kingman Spyder E-99 Avant. Single shot, 3 round burst, full-auto. 14 ***** a second on full-auto.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Rev it up(Crystal), Rob's 02 SS(Rob) and I play at Brazos Splat Games off 59S and Williams Way on Sundays. We play recball. They play just about every weekend and I trying playing every other.

I shoot some older stuff but they get the job done. I have a Karnivor autococker, ANS GX5 autococker I have a electric one and pump, and a Bob Long Species.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I used a Spyder Pilot ACS for my 1st gun ad loved it, still have it actually, just stepped up to a Spyder RS which is pretty sick.......Both my guns have the options of Single, 3 shot Burst, and Full auto, as well as the ability to choose what rate of fire you want from 6 to 13 BPS on the Pilot, which is nice cause I wont outshoot my hopper which can feed the fkers up to like 35bps...use a Halo B hopper/feeder with a few tweeks...use a 14" Smart parts 2-peice barrel on em over
the stocker....apparently my buddies don't like it when I switch to Full auto and just spray the place with paint non stop for about a minute or two....lol...

BTW I also run compressed air in a 72c.i. Nitro tank over Co2

Last edited by GreatWhiteZ28; 01-26-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Teching In

i shoulda never sold my paint ball stuff i had a Tippmann 98 custom with a 14" dye boomstick barrel and double trigger. I loved that gun and barrel i hardly ever broke a ball in it. Sadly tho i didnt play enough cause i didnt know any 1 who played after my cousin quit
Old 01-26-2009, 07:08 PM
TECH Resident

If any of y'all are looking to buy a gun...i got one posted in the for sale section. Its a new Piranha E Force fully auto that i never got to use. I bought it to use but all my friends quit playing. Send me a pm if anyone is interested.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by G-Z06
any advice for a noob getting into the "sport" ?
hang around some high school kids?

my brother has a few friends that work at a field. the good guns he's had cost about a grand, it shot pretty fast.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
hang around some high school kids?

my brother has a few friends that work at a field. the good guns he's had cost about a grand, it shot pretty fast.

Yeah, been pegged by an Angel with a big *** Nitro tank, fker broke the skin from about 35-40yds out, fker got me like 5 times too
Old 01-26-2009, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GreatWhiteZ28
Yeah, been pegged by an Angel with a big *** Nitro tank, fker broke the skin from about 35-40yds out, fker got me like 5 times too
ya the nitro tank sounds familiar, and my brother told me how bad it'd hurt when you turn the fps up past the limit you're supposed to play at
Old 01-26-2009, 07:45 PM
TECH Junkie

My brother had one of the first electronic guns when it came out (I think it was an Angel) and he put a Nitrogen tank on it instead of a C02 tank and that bitch would tear people's skin open from 40 or 50 feet. He put it on fully automatic in a match and made a grown man cry. That thing was out of control.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:14 PM
12 Second Club

I used to play in HS, it was really fun. There are a few good brands out there, just have to look around and see what you like. Best bet is to find someone getting out of the hobby and wanting to sell all their stuff; try craigslist or ebay. I would get rid of mine but its old and not worth much so Ive just kept it.

BTW nitrogen tanks will hurt the same as CO2 if its properly set for the "legal" max ball velocity. Its easy to bump it up though. (Also, its usually just high pressure air. Atmospheric air is about 78% N2)
Old 01-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by GreatWhiteZ28
Just b/c something costs 10 times more than a walmart gun doesn't mean it hurts more. An idiot kid can turn up their fps to break skin just as easy. Courses regulate the fps so this shouldn't be a worry. Plus the make of ball also makes a huge difference, if you're using the 2000 ***** for 30 bucks from academy you're gonna break skin more effectively than purchasing quality paint.

G, tippman's are a great beginners gun...they have the reputation of being able to be run over by a truck and dusted off to still be played with...they are solid guns. If you are wanting to just "get into it" get a 98 custom instead of an X7...or go with a spyder. And once you get involved more, then step up to a better gun....my choice would be a cocker or a SmartParts Ion.

My choice on game though is Speedball...its alot more money to get into it, mainly due to the amount of money you spend on paint...but its a blast.

enjoy the sport G!

-jon
Old 01-26-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

G, get any model angel, bob long, or autococker. I would if i could afford it, they are SWEET guns! There are tons of places to play in the houston area. Definitely get a compressed air tank, not co2. Co2 freezes your gun and is really inconsistent. Get a halo hopper and you're about set. Well a 4+ tube pack comes in handy when you run out of paint mid-game.

Last edited by TLUZLS1; 01-26-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Teching In

I have a nice angel for sale if anyone is interested PM me. ill let it go for a good price considering the fact that i have 3 of them . haha Angel is the way to go
Old 01-26-2009, 11:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by G-Z06
Did this for the first time yesterday with a few friends.

Needless to say it was a blast!

I want to get into it. Do we have any paintballers on here?

- What guns do you use?

- Where do you go to play in Houston?
Me and my wife Rev it up(Crystal), play just bought every weekend. We play rec, speedball,and woods ball, We have a collection of guns sl8r ego, A1 angel,A4 angel, Bob long 2k6 timmy, Bob long species, Two auotcoker pumps.The gun is your choice it depends on what kind of game play you wana play. I would recmend a speed gun as you can use it all over. And for tipman x7 they a wicked guns but the cycle feed on the gun sucks. And it breaks all the time. Play bsg 59 and willams way, Tanks I10 and west green , Command post 45 and airtex .
Old 01-27-2009, 12:33 AM
Launching!

I played some national tournaments and actualy won one in Huntington beach california, paintball is a blast some of the best times in my life have been becuse of paintball. But the best place to play in houston area is Twisted paintball in conroe and and Tanks paintball in katy. as for a gun look in some local paintball forums paintballscene.com it is a houston area forum and you will be able to find a nice gun for pretty cheap and the best part is you can meet up with them and shoot it before you buy it.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:58 AM
Staging Lane

I have a pretty much stock Spyder E-99 and I haven't played in years. Everyone I know moved on to other interests..
Old 01-27-2009, 08:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

expensive sport, but very fun. I would go with a Tipman or spyder to start with, if u go with cheap paint it necessary doesn't mean your gonna break skin, your mostly gonna break the ***** in the gun as your shooting, before u start to break skin,
if ur playing speed ball go with a well known gun, (shocker(smart parts), auto cocker, angel) something that will keep up with the other people playing. but if ur gonna play woodsball get a gun that can handle a beating like the tipman can, or prob even a spyder.