My hood and spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 11:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking My hood and spoiler

picked up an SS hood and SS spoiler the other day!

i went around and got some price quotes and it looks like i won't be able to get the parts painted as soon as i would have hoped. books were more expensive then i expected and rent is coming up this week so hopefully by the end of feb or early march the parts will be painted and put on.

i was told silver is really hard to just paint the parts and hope it blends so they are going to have to blend the fenders into the hood. i also decided not to do the stripe because thats just extra money and i'll just have to wait. so i'ma keep her sleek without the stripe for now and possibly do the LE decal between the scoop

let me know what yall think
Old 01-31-2009, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

Just don't put SS badges on your car and you'll be good.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think once you get it installed it will look very good on your car,If you want some stripes on your car I would just wait have everything put on at once so that you will only have to do it once! So if I was you I would save but that's just me but GL
Old 01-31-2009, 11:44 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PatriotT/A
Just don't put SS badges on your car and you'll be good.
i'm proud of my Z so no worries about putting false badges. i've been considering getting the 1st gen emblems but haven't decided yet. opinions?

Originally Posted by sway99bird
I think once you get it installed it will look very good on your car,If you want some stripes on your car I would just wait have everything put on at once so that you will only have to do it once! So if I was you I would save but that's just me but GL
well yea i was really wanting a stripe but then i was thinking maybe it'll look better if it was a little more subtle and thats why i was contemplating the LE decal. because its not as big but it'll still cause a contrast, plus that'll match my berger better. and my TTIIs are staying polished for awhile. way later on i'll get the spokes black and leave the lip polished but thats not anytime soon. opinions?