Houston, Tx

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston, Tx

I'm going to be in Houston next week for work and should have some free time. Anything I should go see? Maybe some shops to stop by? Anything interesting...I've never been there before.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:10 AM
Launching!

nothing really interesting to tell you the truth.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:22 AM
Teching In

Drive out to Galveston beach if you get a chance. I don't much care for Houston, but the beach isn't that bad.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

The beach might be a bad idea cause they're kinda in the process of fixing it after IKE. What side of Houston will you be in?
Old 02-20-2009, 02:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Johnson Space Center is fun, if you've never been.

Depending on how long you're in town and where in town you'll be there, are bound to be some meets.

-Mike
Old 02-20-2009, 03:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by KBBLUEMAXX
I'm going to be in Houston next week for work and should have some free time. Anything I should go see? Maybe some shops to stop by? Anything interesting...I've never been there before.
Kemah meet on Sat Nights starting around 5:30PM.
lots of cars out there..
Old 02-20-2009, 09:37 PM
Teching In

I get in around noon on Sunday the 22nd leaving the following Friday. I'm staying in North Houston kind of by the airport since it's close to work. Any decent speed shops I could drop by and snag a t shirt or something...I wish I was around long enough to catch a meet or something. It would also be nice if I had the money to buy some heads or a cam kit or something and carry it back to save on freight. Shipping costs to Alaska are horrific. Just thought I'd check. Thanks for the replies.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KBBLUEMAXX
I get in around noon on Sunday the 22nd leaving the following Friday. I'm staying in North Houston kind of by the airport since it's close to work. Any decent speed shops I could drop by and snag a t shirt or something...I wish I was around long enough to catch a meet or something. It would also be nice if I had the money to buy some heads or a cam kit or something and carry it back to save on freight. Shipping costs to Alaska are horrific. Just thought I'd check. Thanks for the replies.
Go by Corvettes of Houston. It is off I-45 near Intercontinental airport. link: http://www.corvettesofhouston.com/
Mostly corvette parts. Not sure what they have for F-bodies, but they have some cool cars to drool over and T-shirts. If you are staying in the Greenspoint area be careful, particulary after dark. Locals call it "gunspoint".
Good cruise scene off Hwy 1960 and I-45 on weekend but I am not sure what goes on during the week. Maybe someone else can chime in.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:00 AM
Teching In

I'm staying right in Greenspoint because it's close to work. If it's too sketch I might move out to the woodlands and deal with the drive. I'll have it figured out by tomorrow night. My old man told me about Corvettes of Houston, so I'll probably check it out. Thanks for the advise.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Teching In

Check out Houston Performance Driving.com for everything going in the Houston area. There are a ton of activities planed.