Who works for a natural gas company in DFW???

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 01:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who works for a natural gas company in DFW???

When i graduate college i am planning to pursue a career in natural gas. Natural gas is going to explode in the North Texas area, no pun attended, and i want to be part of it. I am curious if they are any board members here that work for a natural gas company.

If so shoot me a PM because i have many questions to ask.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure why you think it is going to explode. Chesapeake has cut back production in the area.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm Mike Hutto

Originally Posted by texas94z
When i graduate college i am planning to pursue a career in natural gas. Natural gas is going to explode in the North Texas area, no pun attended, and i want to be part of it. I am curious if they are any board members here that work for a natural gas company.

If so shoot me a PM because i have many questions to ask.

It already has exploded and died off at the same time. The drilling companies can't afford to lease the mineral rights when there is recession going on and banks aren't lending like they were before the markets crashed!

I have natural gas but probably not the kind you want to work with.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Launching!

I was trying to get into natural gas as a welder and it's hard enough for the people with plenty of experience to get jobs doing it. It's dead right now, but hopefully after the recession it will come back alive.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:49 PM
TECH Regular

Give it till' mid\end summer. It'll be back.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Chesapeak cut back because they are having finacial problems due to paying whatever it took to get leases driving the costs up for everyone. Then they buy the Pier 1 building further tying up money. In other words, they bit off more than they could chew.

XTO is still going strong, but the NG industry in this area has already boomed. The new big area is in the W. VA, PA area.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well i realize that the economy is down. However, in a few years i believe that natural gas will take off with a new demanded infrastructure.

I appreciate the replies.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

I deliver to both Chesapeak and XTO HQs..... Its tough for them at the moment. Good luck though
Old 02-25-2009, 04:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

even with a bacholers or a masters, you still need experiance in whatever you want to do. That is what ALL of these companies will tell you, just letting you know. If you get into this field right now, the places that you will probobly be expected to go is as far as alaska and canada, or even gulf coast. I do agree that when oil prices go back up our oil and gasfield jobs will be just as demanding as they were 2 years ago. Right now, there is no boom, just KABOOM!
Old 02-25-2009, 04:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Unless u have a rich dad or family member that can start a company for ya. I know of afew that have started like that.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:34 AM
Staging Lane

Nothong is wrong with Chesapeake or Devon or XTO right now. its just that natural gas is going for 4.19 MMBTU right now, at the capacity these companies run they can't make any money on anything below atleast 5.50 some 6.10. So they drop rigs and stop spending money on unimportant things. Less rigs running less costs. This summer should bring prices up but itll be a while before it was anything like it was. Ive been in the industry for 9 years My Dad does it and his dad did it
Old 02-27-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Addict

You can also look into La. area they are doing good with a Shale out there and in Arkansas there is a pretty good Shale. But like everyone has said with this recession everyone is cutting back. My company is contracted by EOG and we a fraccin good and strong just nothing like we were back last summer. We are only fraccing so many zones and then coming back at a later time to actually complete the well since demand is down right now.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

I hotshot pipe and tools from a rental company and we have slowed down to a CRAWL in the East Tx, Southeast OK, and Northwest LA area. Getting word it SHOULD pick back up around April or May, but thats just normal hearsay.

BTW, what is fraccin? I rarely ever get to ask any questions when Im on a rig because most of the company men I deal with are DICKS!
Old 03-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Teching In

I work for a mud company. We do the closed loop stuff. Its has slowed down alot. They are hoping that it picks back up
Old 03-01-2009, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

Hopefully this summer it comes back up if not I may be on the unemployment lines. Dude right now isn't the time to be looking for a job in a industry that is laying off people like crazy. Last year I made more money than I knew what to do with this year I think I will only make enough money to keep my bills paid. I wish you all the luck but until this recession eases up it's going to be tough.