Anyone have their texas dealer license??

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 02:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have their texas dealer license??

Well i'v been looking into doing this for awhile main reasons being I have all the tools + lift to fix vehicles and all my labor is free...

my question is.. I'v been to a few public auctions but is there anyway I can get my dealer license so i can get into private ones and just sell online without a lot for now since its going to be about 6mo-1yr before I can get one atm

any help is appreciated.. even if it involves getting a lot im looking for advice the worst thing I can do is wait

Last edited by Gun5; 03-02-2009 at 02:40 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Addict

noone?
Old 03-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a lot of bullshit to get your license and now days its not worth it . I gave mine up last year because TxDot is getting harder to deal with and the auctions mostly suck . You are going to bid on crap other dealers cannot sell or are patched together long enough to make it through the auction . GOOD LUCK .........
Old 03-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Teching In

yea i got my car from the auction....... i wish i didn't
Old 03-02-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gun5
just sell online without a lot for now since its going to be about 6mo-1yr before I can get one atm
I don't think it matters whether you sell them online or where ever, the rules still require you to have certain infrastructure.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Teching In

haha i just wanna get into salvage auctions.. LOL
Old 03-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Perf_white_gt
haha i just wanna get into salvage auctions.. LOL
Depends on where the auction is located . I tried that as well and some of those wrecked up POS were bringing big $$$$ . Guys from Mexico and central America bid online and in person at the ones here in San Antonio and haul the crap down there to be rebuilt .
Old 03-03-2009, 03:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Gun5
Well i'v been looking into doing this for awhile main reasons being I have all the tools + lift to fix vehicles and all my labor is free...

my question is.. I'v been to a few public auctions but is there anyway I can get my dealer license so i can get into private ones and just sell online without a lot for now since its going to be about 6mo-1yr before I can get one atm

any help is appreciated.. even if it involves getting a lot im looking for advice the worst thing I can do is wait
You need a place of business, a car lot to put your cars on, and a whole bunch of other BS. But some of the private auctions i go to are well worth it.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
You need a place of business, a car lot to put your cars on, and a whole bunch of other BS. But some of the private auctions i go to are well worth it.
well we are going to be getting a place later this year for other automotive stuff so i will have a area big enough to display the cars and such and thats what im looking to get into the private auctions

Quick Reply: Anyone have their texas dealer license??