where/who does full details?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where/who does full details?

i need a full detail, i need if i can get it a wet sand/buff of my car if not just a really good buffing of the whole car then wax etc any 1 know any 1 or a shop that can do this and for how much?

i hit a card board box and scratched the **** out of my bumper and driver fender but i want to have the whole car buffed/detailed
Old 03-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Launching!

H/C/I Stang does excellent work. he's done a few of the G Force cars among others on here. i'll PM you his number

edit: sorry, just realized you're in DFW n/m
Old 03-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
H/C/I Stang does excellent work. he's done a few of the G Force cars among others on here. i'll PM you his number

edit: sorry, just realized you're in DFW n/m
i can drive as far as needed as long as its not really far away lol
Old 03-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Launching!

mikey's on the south side of houston, kemah area. usually he comes out to you, but you might be an exception to the rule
Old 03-07-2009, 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

You have a PM

Kev
Old 03-08-2009, 07:53 PM
TDP
FormerVendor

I know a great guy (Cody) for this. Give me a call Monday 817-300-6840 and I'll put you in touch with him.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah cody is awesome... I think the first time he did my camaro he probably spent at least 4-5 hours on it. He is also a great guy, and will come out to you.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

I once thought that Corvettes of Houston outsourced their work to a shop called Richey Collision, but found out recently that they do it themselves. When I bought my '08 Z06 from them, I traded my 2006 coupe. I went back a little over a week later with a friend who was also Z06 shopping (he ended up buying an '08 LSB Z06 from them), and saw my former car detailed and on the showroom. And OMG. It looked better than it ever had since I drove it off the dealer lot brand new. Not one single blemish on it. And I know that the nose, side and mirrors were peppered with rock hits (the reason my '08 Z06 has clear film all over it).

It may take them awhile, but all of their showroom prepped cars look fantastic. And now I know firsthand that they don't always arrive in that condition.

But I also don't know that they'd work on something other than a Corvette.

Richey Collision, on the other hand, did a fantastic job restoring the finish on my truck after they did some repairs to it. The whole truck looked brand new. It's about ready to get that treatment again now that it's going on eight years old.

Another great source for detail work local to Houston if you're willing to drive is Chris Milton. He's been doing detail work for years, and he's one of the few I'd ever trust touching my black Vette. And since he's solo, he may not charge as much as a big shop since he doesn't have the big shop overhead. If you're interested, let me know and I'll ping him for you. He used to post here a lot until he and his wife ditched the F-bodies and their Y-body and made the move to X-bodies. He's quite the perfectionist. In fact, I am seriously considering dropping my truck off to him for the restoration it needs.

Last edited by CySevans; 03-08-2009 at 11:58 PM.