Any SIM racers in here?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any SIM racers in here?

Just Just wanted to see if there were any other people in here that do SIM racing and what games you race on? Id like to get a big group of people to race with each week or so. Im not sure of how many of you have heard of NR2003 (Nascar Racing 2003) but the same people who created that great game created a new type of online game called iRacing. This is the game I play, its not like the normal games because you pay to play kinda like WoW but its well worth it. Its not really a game but more like a simulator or trainer for anybody and the crazy thing is that its sanctioned online racing. This is probably as close as you will get to the real thing without actually getting into a real race car, but its all types of racing which is cool about it. I like it because I hate being on my XBox or PS3 and youll find a bunch of kids online and your trying to race and they just keep wrecking you out or talking alot of trash but here you basically pay for that controlled environment and everything is monitored so noone really wants to mess up. If this sounds like something any of you guys would be interested in, I know where you can get a free trial of the game but youll need atleast an XBox 360 controller or so hooked to your PC or a Racing Wheel. I do believe this is going to be the platform for professional online racing which is kinda crazy if you think about it. Your computer doesnt have to be great, mine is just a Duo Core w/ 4gig ram and 128mb graphics card and it gets the job done on the lowest settings but if you have a nice computer you should get this baby to run at photo realistic levels. Also if you can get the licensing to run the COT you will probably run into Dale Earnhardt Jr., he runs that series as well as the Trucks and Modifieds. I also run Nascar 2009 on XBox 360.

You can get a free trial here: (1 Month)
http://www.radicalsportscars.com/racing/virtual-racing

And if you wanna visit their website, its iRacing then add the .com.
Dont wanna post a link, because someone will probably think Im advertising but thats not the case, its very fun yet competative and Im sure not many people have heard of it, I know I didnt hear of it until about a month ago. Anyone who registers let me know and Ill help you out or we can get some laps in at a track or something.

After you get your promo code and your signing up for your free trial, please put my email address as the referrer.
Mike96z@aol.com

Mike
Old 03-13-2009, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

btw here is a screen shot of the game:

Old 03-13-2009, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

might try the iracing out, you know of any sims that have the actual Le Mans LMP1, 2 and GT class cars?
Old 03-15-2009, 02:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

This one will eventually, check out the cars on their site, they may have some of them already.