Lookin for a Chevy dealer in the Houston area...

Old 03-21-2009, 08:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lookin for a Chevy dealer in the Houston area...

A friend of mine is wanting one of the new Camaros real bad. He asked me to post up here and see where he can go to get a no 'BS' deal in the Houston area for one.......anyone got any experiences or recommendations?
Old 03-21-2009, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

I know of a no BS place that sold me my Vette, however you must understand something coming out like the new Camaro changes the rules.

The 'stand up' no BS dealer may have delusions of grandeur about making quick and easy bucks selling the new Camaro, so the dealer may be 'stand up' with buying an Impala or Tahoe, but may become a greedy SOB when selling the Camaro.

I remember the same crap with the 2004 GTO, new G8 GT, and it hit home because I really wanted a Challenger SRT8, however I would not pay one cent over MSRP, under any circumstance. So I didn't buy a Challenger, sad for Dodge, good for me because Chevrolet wanted my business, and now my *** is in a new Corvette. The irony is that by the time the deal was finished, the price of my Vette was about 2K more than the Challenger.

If it matters, I have had good luck with both Monument Chevrolet in Pasadena, and Knapp Chevrolet just west of downtown Houston. As noted above, I can speak about their fairness with normal cars, but not something as hot as the Camaro.

You just can never tell.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:00 PM
9 Second Club

I sold cars at a Honda dealership for a while... If all dealerships are anything alike, they will call the new Camaro a "High Demand" item, and jack up the price about $5000 above the sticker price.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Launching!

you may want to look in the 2010 section on the board, i think a while back they had a thread linking you to dealers in the US that were selling the 2010s at msrp. The list was very small, but if your buddy wants one at the msrp, then that might be a start.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Slash8915
I sold cars at a Honda dealership for a while... If all dealerships are anything alike, they will call the new Camaro a "High Demand" item, and jack up the price about $5000 above the sticker price.

You gotta love a dealer's philosophy! Let's see get a government bailout with the taxpayer's money and then try and screw the same people you are getting a bailout from by marking up the price. Personally I wouldn't of given them **** for a bailout, they did it to themselves.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NO BS deal - go see Sonny at Norman Frede. Totally stand-up guy and the only one that ever seems to be working over there. Buddy of mine bought three vehicles from him. My wife and I got our HHR-SS from him. He also sold one of the first ZR1's in town.

Last edited by BAD2000TA; 03-24-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:33 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BAD2000TA
NO BS deal - go see Sonny at Norman Frede. Totslly stand-up guy and the only one that ever seems to be working over there. Buddy of mine bought three vehicles from him, wife and I got our HHR-SS from him. He also sold one of the first ZR1's in town.
X2 For Sonny at Norman Frede. I'm a technician over there and he's the only one i'll deal with.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:40 AM
TECH Addict

was about to post up to see richard schoolcraft at norman frede but either or. ordered my 2010 2SS/RS from there got a smoking deal! be sure to take care of the pdi on that car when it comes in Ls1ChevyII1963. cannot wait to take delivery!
Old 03-22-2009, 06:04 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
was about to post up to see richard schoolcraft at norman frede but either or. ordered my 2010 2SS/RS from there got a smoking deal! be sure to take care of the pdi on that car when it comes in Ls1ChevyII1963. cannot wait to take delivery!
Thats badass that you've got one on the way, I believe I saw your red car leaving the parts department a couple weeks ago?

Last edited by Ls1ChevyII1963; 03-22-2009 at 06:10 AM.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ls1ChevyII1963
Thats badass that you've got one on the way, I believe I saw your red car leaving the parts department a couple weeks ago?
actually had just got done finalizing the last order details. they had called me in to tell me about a hurst shifter constraint. and added the rs package.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by old_goat
I know of a no BS place that sold me my Vette, however you must understand something coming out like the new Camaro changes the rules.

The 'stand up' no BS dealer may have delusions of grandeur about making quick and easy bucks selling the new Camaro, so the dealer may be 'stand up' with buying an Impala or Tahoe, but may become a greedy SOB when selling the Camaro.

I remember the same crap with the 2004 GTO, new G8 GT, and it hit home because I really wanted a Challenger SRT8, however I would not pay one cent over MSRP, under any circumstance. So I didn't buy a Challenger, sad for Dodge, good for me because Chevrolet wanted my business, and now my *** is in a new Corvette. The irony is that by the time the deal was finished, the price of my Vette was about 2K more than the Challenger.

If it matters, I have had good luck with both Monument Chevrolet in Pasadena, and Knapp Chevrolet just west of downtown Houston. As noted above, I can speak about their fairness with normal cars, but not something as hot as the Camaro.

You just can never tell.
Today I went by and talked to my buddy at Monument and he said most of the v8 Camaros would start out about 7500 over MSRP, or whatever they can get.

Just live with the fact (that for the most part) this is just the way it is. If you want to be the first kid on the block to have the toy, you will have to pay a premium. Finding a car at MSRP will take a lot of effort.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

Good luck...lol. Seems lately that all Chevy dealerships are going under.

Search this Thread