Getting a title for a "barn" found car

Old 05-16-2009, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a title for a "barn" found car

I have found a old Nash Metropolitin ( I know why in the hell do you want that car) in a old barn .Just say a sleeper with a LS1 under the hood . The owner of the property said I could buy it from him for $400 . Problem is the car has no title and no idea who the original owner is . It was on his property when he bought the land . Does any one no how to get a title for this car legally . I heard something about a builders title but cans seem to find any thing on the internet about it . Any help will be appreciated .
Old 05-16-2009, 11:30 PM

Take the vin # to the tax office and pay the $2 and get them to do a title trace.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by prostreet81
I have found a old Nash Metropolitin ( I know why in the hell do you want that car) in a old barn .Just say a sleeper with a LS1 under the hood . The owner of the property said I could buy it from him for $400 . Problem is the car has no title and no idea who the original owner is . It was on his property when he bought the land . Does any one no how to get a title for this car legally . I heard something about a builders title but cans seem to find any thing on the internet about it . Any help will be appreciated .

I want you to know, I have had this idea for a while, just haven't been able to find the car. If you get this thing underway, you've got to post pics and details.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:41 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just call one of the title service companies near you. take them the vin and they'll do the leg work. same stuff you can do if you research it. probably run about 300 to do.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if the above said doesnt work, apply for a lost title at the courthouse. Thats what i had to do and they sent me a new title.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:00 AM

I looked thr car over and there is no vin # at all the tag is missing from under the hood . Im still getting the Nash . I may have to make it a race car if I cant get a title . The car is in to good of shape to pass up . Im going to call a title company today to see what I can do.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:13 AM
Banned

You cannot apply for a lost title unless you have a photo id of the person listed on the original title.

Being that it does not have an ID tag on it, I would suggest calling your regional TxDot office (not the tax office) and speak to someone about getting a title.

We own an auto title business but are in the San Antonio area. If you were closer, I would try to help you out on it.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

you can always do this its called the metronator 1500hp big block,my boss has one from when he was a kid it wasa his 1st car its a 59 about 90%restored!also there is a place called kip motors in dallas all he deals with is nash metropolitans this is where he got his parts from.[this one isnt my bosses car although he wishes it was!!]
Old 05-18-2009, 06:58 PM

That is the same car I got the idea from There ugly as hell but cool as hell at the same time . Im going to build a tube chassis for it first get rid of the unibody. Thanks for the kip motors site I was looking for some parts for it .
Old 05-18-2009, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

i saw it run on one of those shows on spike tv[bill goldberg hosted it!its all tube chassis it sounds mean he went down the track in it and it wouldnt stay straight,they burped the throttle and the whole car jumped off the ground it was crazy!!

Originally Posted by prostreet81
That is the same car I got the idea from There ugly as hell but cool as hell at the same time . Im going to build a tube chassis for it first get rid of the unibody. Thanks for the kip motors site I was looking for some parts for it .
Old 05-18-2009, 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

In Texas you can get a bonded title from a title company basically you pay a fee on the appraised value of the car as it sits you keep the bonded title for two years and if no claims are on the car you exchange the bonded title in for a blue title.
Hope this helps
Old 05-20-2009, 05:28 PM

Thanks For all the replies . Im hoping to get it to my house this weekend . Then Im going to start on the title before I even start on the car .I would hate to get it finished then someone decide oh by the way it was my car .I will post some pics when I get it home

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Getting a title for a "barn" found car