Texas Motor Speedway – Arm Drop Drag night at the big track

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas Motor Speedway – Arm Drop Drag night at the big track

If you want to run your street legal car at the big track then this is your chance. We all know that a "street legal car" can be really fast.

TMS is having drag racing down pit lane starting July 3. It is Arm drop racing down PIT ROW. The track can hold 200,000 people so I don’t think that seating will be a problem. Spectator price is $7. TMS calls it the Drag-n-Brag night. The tech rules are set up for street driven, street legal, inspected, insured, (no trailered cars) cars that must be driven to the track to be able to run. Wheelie bars not allowed, 29x10.5 max tires, no W. It will cost $20 to run. It will run for 6 weeks and a winner of each division will be announced.

Divisions are:
Tuner- 3/4/6 cylinder: no power adder
Street Bandit- 3/4 cylinder- power adders
Sportsman – 8 cylinder – no turbo
Street Outlaw – whatever it takes

Check out the TMS web site for more information, but this it the best summary that I can determine at this time.

My take on the "no trailered car" rule is that the fastest cars will be trailered to the outside parking lot and driven inside.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do they at least give you a time slip? Or is it all for the "respek't", live my life 1/8 mile at a time, for those 8.45 seconds with a 2.0' I'm free, etc

Hope people shut down before turn 1. Although you could probably take that at a buck 20 without too many problems, nevermind the bottoming out big time getting on.

joe