Hi, any chance on getting me in the dealer auction?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Hi, any chance on getting me in the dealer auction?

Im new to the boards here, been searching around for a s10 maybe even a cheap colorado for quite some time now. I have gotten in the dealer auction before with someone I found online, but that was years ago and they have since moved away. He brought me in as a guest, and charged me $250 only if I found a car (which I did and was very happy). I am on my way back from iraq, and will be looking for a truck asap. Anyone know a way for me to get in?
Old 06-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Teching In

I think I forgot im in san antonio, (or if they have one i have no problem driving to austin). Thanks again on any leads.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealer auctions suck here in San Antonio. If you are a cash buyer you have as good if not better chance to find something pretty decent through Craigslist or in the paper. I just picked up a 2005 Sport Trac off CL for a decent price and its super clean.

I would offer to take you but I gave up my dealers license last summer because it was not worth keeping.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you have cash to buy it?
Old 06-23-2009, 09:23 PM
FormerVendor

Anyone in Houston? I am interested as well, definitely want to buy a truck cash later this year. I would like to go a couple of times beforehand to figure out how things work and what the prices are and whatnot...
Old 06-23-2009, 09:25 PM
TECH Resident

Try to find someone with Manheim access in houston. They have a really good consignment sale.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:23 PM
FormerVendor

Any tips?

I've done this before and got a really good deal, but this was a while back and I can no longer find the guy. Thing went smoothly, too, second time going, paid for the car cash with my money, the fee (~ $500), got the car and the bill of sale on the spot, the title in a couple of weeks.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Yeah I have cash. I can find what I want on autotrader and CL, for what I want to spend, (and I still have more than that), but nothing local, and I may have a hard time, because I am pretty specific on what Im looking for.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Banned

If you do go to the auction here in San Antonio, I would suggest going to the CarMax auction instead. CarMax inspects the cars closely and will tell you about any issues the vehicle might have while its being auctioned off.

Most of the dealer to dealer auctions are full of stuff that either the dealer cannot sell or has issues and they are hiding it. I've bought several vehicles through dealer auctions and rarely got what I would consider a "good deal". I'll buy from a private seller any day of the week over an auction myself.