A/C help please!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C help please!!!!

So, I've lived with my A/C blowing nothing but air for a while but its getting ridiculously hot recently. Anybody in the Pearland area willing to help me find out the problem without going to a shop? I'm hoping there's someone in the area with the knowledge to do this for me. If you do help I'll be willing to compensate you for your time with some brews (Also i work at the Discount Tire on 518 in the Silverlake area so your help will be remembered if/when you need new tires ). I'm thinking it's only a leak because it blows hard, just not cold. PM me or call please! 281-686-9492 (cell so if I dont answer just leave a message)
Old 07-03-2009, 04:24 AM
TECH Addict

shoot me a pm. but first go buy some of that leak detecting freon that comes with the recharge hose. like 2 cans of it.ill probably be up at around 2 or so!
Old 07-03-2009, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

mine wasnt blowing cold either, took it to a shop they said the seals around the compressor were leaking. Im not saying this is your problem, because there are alot of hoses and seals that could be leaking. I went out and picked up the big bottle of the do it yourself freon stuff. I think its the r32a stuff, and put it in almost a month ago. Its still blowing cold, now and pressure in system is staying put. I would try that first or as well cause its only 20 bucks.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Teching In

thanks guys, ill try the do it yourself kit first and then if that doesnt work ill see whats up.