Jerry Frontend PA WTF??

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jerry Frontend PA WTF??

Well last night i was pulling into my driveway and i had been hearing a noise while costing and was much like a "Clunk". Well when i finally stoped to look to see what it could be, I'm missing 2 lugnuts on the passanger side, and ALL of my front lugnuts are loose. I had my frontend alligned about 3 weeks ago and they must have forgot to trq the lugs or something because all of them are easy enough to remove by hand..... Just though i should tell someone this.

Thank god i caught this or my car would have ended up like StreetAssassins
Old 07-08-2009, 06:40 PM
11 Second Club

Did you have the tires balanced or anything? They wouldn't take them off to do an alignment. Also, if they were that loose, they probably wouldn't have taken near that long to come off. Are you sure you don't have an enemy messing with your car?
Old 07-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Xtremespeed
Did you have the tires balanced or anything? They wouldn't take them off to do an alignment. Also, if they were that loose, they probably wouldn't have taken near that long to come off. Are you sure you don't have an enemy messing with your car?
I dunno, its just weird that the front wheels are missing the lock lugs, and I have the only key inside myhouse. I figured that they couldnt get the lock lugs off and just took them off somehow and tossed em cause they were ate up and forgot to tell me about it. The tires havent been balanced yet still the stock tires on the car and that place was the last place the car's been except sitting in my garage.

I think its taken so long because I only drive the vette one a week if that.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got your pm and I've never heard of jerrys. Why would you get any work done in ghetto *** pa anyway?
Old 07-09-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SETc6
Well last night i was pulling into my driveway and i had been hearing a noise while costing and was much like a "Clunk". Well when i finally stoped to look to see what it could be, I'm missing 2 lugnuts on the passanger side, and ALL of my front lugnuts are loose. I had my frontend alligned about 3 weeks ago and they must have forgot to trq the lugs or something because all of them are easy enough to remove by hand..... Just though i should tell someone this.

Thank god i caught this or my car would have ended up like StreetAssassins
I would def pay attention to my saroundings if I were you! If it was sloppy work like that then you would have fealt it driving off from the shop! You may want to check out your car to see if anything else is off about it!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Launching!

dude are you sure you didnt walk up on someone tryin to jack your rims. maybe they saw you and ran. they dont remove the wheels for an alignment, and they would have asked for your lock if they did. Sounds to me like someone wanted those wheels, remeber vette wheels aren't cheap, and seems like lately the dope fiends have been out on the prowl for **** to steal.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Teching In

I dont know where someone could have done that at though. the cars been in the garage for most the time other then that I went to the mall once about 2 weeks ago, but I dont see someone jacking rims in broad daylight? Who knows I'll just keep an eye out.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by streetassasin
I got your pm and I've never heard of jerrys. Why would you get any work done in ghetto *** pa anyway?
Jerry's is a frontend shop on highway 69 they are suppose to be very reputable shop. They fixed a bent rim i had about 2 years ago but ive never had any frontend allignment work done there until recently.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I've used them before with no problems, normally everybody talks good about them. But I'm with them, sounds more like someone was tinkering with your car, but like you said it hasn't been anywhere. I've had a tire come off before on my truck but it could've been my error or somebody trying to jack my tires cuz I go all over in it. I think it was my error though, haven't had that problem since though. At least you caught it.