Go Back   LS1TECH > REGIONAL FORUMS > Texas Members
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Texas Members Our State Will Kick Your State's Ass

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 07-30-2009, 09:40 PM   #1
TECH Junkie
2006 Chevrolet Corvette

Trader Rating: 10
Send a message via MSN to chupr0kabra
Default Is the medical center the worst part of Dallas?

Or is the whole of Dallas one festering shithole of homeless people and drug addicts?

Spent the better part of the last three days on a trip for work, staying around Stemmons Freeway/Inwood, and I was asked for spare change more times in three days than in the several years I worked in downtown Houston.

One dude even pulled up next to me at the gas station, rolled down his window, and asked me for spare money. And before anyone thinks I'm a racist, every single bum was Caucasian.

I had family that lived in Duncanville years ago, and I don't remember the DFW area being that bad. Now, I dread going because the people tend to have New York attitude with zero class.

Glad to be home. I'm hoping I just happened to be in a bad part of town. Otherwise, your city sucks.

-Mike

chupr0kabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:47 PM   #2
12 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 34

I lived in south Houston/Pasadena/Deer Park for most of my life, back in 2000 I moved up here to north Dallas. It was about a 50 fold improvement. Sure, you see "homeless" people asking for change near major/busy intersections every now and then, doesn't mean you have to pay attention to them. I believe half, if not more, are just working the homeless bit to get extra money.

EDIT: Not sure why you brought up the race bit, it has no significance at all. If someone thought you were being racist for whatever reason, then they should question themselves on why they think that.
Morbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:51 PM   #3
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0
Send a message via AIM to superfreakws6

Every town has their nice areas, just like the bad ones. People think San Antonio is a dumb when it is actually the nicest place I have lived yet. Dallas does have a lot of bad though
Old 07-30-2009, 09:53 PM   #4
TECH Junkie
2006 Chevrolet Corvette

I'm just asking, because if someone came to Houston and only saw third ward, that would not be representative of one of the nicer parts of town. I'm used to seeing homeless people, but not with such an alarming...density.

To be fair, I did drive from Belt Line to Stemmons on Inwood. Some VERY nice houses in that area. Reminded me of the Memorial area in Houston. Then I got near Harry Hines Blvd and it all went to hell.

-Mike

Old 07-30-2009, 09:57 PM   #5
TECH Junkie
2006 Chevrolet Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfreakws6 View Post
Every town has their nice areas, just like the bad ones. People think San Antonio is a dumb when it is actually the nicest place I have lived yet. Dallas does have a lot of bad though
I've only been to the tourist areas of San Antonio. My wife and I go to the Texas Music Educators Association Conference every February, which is held at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, so we stay at the Emily Morgan. San Antonio (unlike Houston and Dallas) actually has a draw for tourism. I live in Houston, but if I didn't, you couldn't pay me to come here on vacation.

-Mike

Old 07-30-2009, 10:14 PM   #6
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

Well thats why you go to Ft. Worth...Ft. Worth is probably one of the only cities that I would consider living in...that and San Antonio.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:16 PM   #7
12 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupr0kabra View Post
Then I got near Harry Hines Blvd and it all went to hell.
Yeah, that's a street you'd probably want to avoid unless you're looking for liquor, strip clubs or hookers.
Morbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:29 PM   #8
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 12
Send a message via AIM to 99problemz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid View Post
Yeah, that's a street you'd probably want to avoid unless you're looking for liquor, strip clubs or hookers.
ahhh good ol Harry Hines

"The slowest Z28 in DFW"
99problemz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:44 PM   #9
TECH Addict
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 1
Send a message via Yahoo to Sarge_13

Quote:
I'm used to seeing homeless people, but not with such an alarming...density.

-Mike
Then you've never been to Austin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke^in View Post
Yes. I am about to rub white Crisco cooking lard on my elbows and ********** furiously to old Transformers episodes.
Sarge_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:45 PM   #10
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 8
Send a message via Yahoo to Doomsday

I know what you mean. First time I went was doing a job there. I was like in the south part of Dallas and over by the old Cowboys stadium. Also around downtown looked trashy.

Other then my 2 days there, the north parts of Dallas like Irving were nice.
Doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:46 PM   #11
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via Yahoo to Doomsday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge_13 View Post
Then you've never been to Austin.
Thats no lie.
Doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:52 PM   #12
TECH Apprentice
1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Harry Hines ...... LOL !!!!! Just bad part of town bud. Welcome to the Hood! I remember going to some races back in the day around that area .. first time i ever saw a hooker lol.
Charlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:18 AM   #13
Teching In
2007 Chevrolet Corvette

I saw Vanilla Ice on the mean streets of Carrollton once. No but seriously he's from there.

We've also got "Dubya" living here now.

I was u-turning on GB and Preston today and they had a 4 corner hobo blockade going on. They do this thing now where they wave at you.

I think the problem with homeless people is they need to get with the times. More people would give them money if they had paypal accounts and ****. It has to be convenient. If I can donate a $1 without having to look at them or leave my car, feel endangered, or smell them, I probably would.

Dallas has pretty much turned into a craphole. I guess we're just trying to catch up to Houston.

littles
- 2003 Z06, black on black -- SOLD
- 2001 c5 a4 targa 3.15 -- SOLD
- 01 GTP, TOGs, pulley, intercooler, etc -- SOLD
BigLittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:50 AM   #14
TECH Junkie
2006 Chevrolet Corvette

I'm not sure if it has changed since I was at UT, but the drag worms in Austin really pissed me off. Just because you want to rebel against society and your parents doesn't give you a right to ask other people for money.

And then there's Leslie. The homeless cross dresser the idiots of Austin tried to elect as mayor.

Glad to hear I was just in a bad part of town. It was an adventure.

-Mike

Old 07-31-2009, 09:26 AM   #15
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 5

Yep, that's pretty much one of the worst areas in all of Dallas. The nice thing about Dallas is that we keep most of the garbage confined to a few areas, whereas the 4th ward in Houston is about as big as the entire city of Dallas. LOL!

2008 GMC Sierra CCSB - 5.3 LY5 and completely stock.
Sold: 99 FRC - Nitrous and a bunch of other crap.
http://www.fquick.com/99FRC
99FRC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:42 AM   #16
c6r
On The Tree
2005 Chevrolet Corvette

With good paying jobs folding up left & right a lot of people are out of work dude " you would be surprised at the amount of great jobs that have disappeared in all the big cities arcoss the U.S.
c6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:58 AM   #17
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

You pretty much need to stay north of Interstate 30 for anything nice. Everything south of that is the cesspool of Dallas that needs to be burned to the ground and started over.

As for the panhandlers I never give my hard earned money to those bums. If they find themselves a good spot they can make upwards of 30K a year tax free so no money from me.
fred96ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:05 AM   #18
TECH Regular
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 4
Send a message via AIM to NaSSty Nate Send a message via Yahoo to NaSSty Nate

LMAO at some of the posts in this thread.
NaSSty Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #19
TECH Resident
1999 Pontiac Firebird

Trader Rating: 31

Quote:
Then I got near Harry Hines Blvd and it all went to hell.

-Mike
I work for John Deere in their Parts Distribution Center as a part time student position. They are located on Harry Hines near Walnut Hill. I have worked there while going to college for about the past five years. Everyday I hate the drive to work more and more. Not only is the area a **** hole, but the people suck in the area. And ever since the gas price bullshit, our manager has decided to stop maintaining the building to keep profits high.

Harry Hines is definitely one of the worst areas on the North side of Dallas.

I have been out on our loading dock taking a break and have watched, literally, as the hooker/strippers across the street at the strip club would come outside, walk to the side of the club, and wait to be picked up.

Another story from this hell hole area.
My friend rented a dump of a warehouse for a month to part out my old LT1 Trans Am a couple blocks from our job (John Deere). One night another friend had brought his dog with him to come hang out while we were working on the car. Well, the dog got out, and its about ten or eleven at night. While walking down the main street from the warehouse looking for the dog, this car drives by stops, puts the car in reverse and drives back about twenty feet. Then from out of the shadows or something , this nasty bitch comes walking, comes up to the car, and gets in (after doing the hooker bend over at the driver window).
This area needs to be demolished and rebuilt, and the people need to find a new city.

MSD S.C. Wires; NGK TR5IX; Brembo Rotors; Hawk HPS; SLP Lid, Bellow, U.D. Pulley & Loud Mouth; OEM LS6 MAF & LQ9 Alt.; Pro 5.0; Spohn Adj. LCA & Adj. PHB; BMR LCA Brackets, Boxed SFC, Adj. TA, & Sway Bars; Hotchkis STB & Springs; Koni Sport; Monster Clutch lvl 2 Prem.; Moser 12 & 33 Spl. Axles; Detroit TruTrac; Motive 4.10; T/A cover; Fikse FM/5; BFGoodrich KDW2; Alpine CDA-9887; Custom HUMount; Infinity 60.7cs & 62.7i; JL Audio e4300
kny3twalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:39 AM   #20
11 Second Club
2002 Pontiac Trans Am

Trader Rating: 5
Send a message via AIM to jebuzws6

Quote:
Or is the whole of Dallas one festering shithole of homeless people and drug addicts?

Spent the better part of the last three days on a trip for work, staying around Stemmons Freeway/Inwood, and I was asked for spare change more times in three days than in the several years I worked in downtown Houston.

One dude even pulled up next to me at the gas station, rolled down his window, and asked me for spare money. And before anyone thinks I'm a racist, every single bum was Caucasian.

I had family that lived in Duncanville years ago, and I don't remember the DFW area being that bad. Now, I dread going because the people tend to have New York attitude with zero class.

Glad to be home. I'm hoping I just happened to be in a bad part of town. Otherwise, your city sucks.

-Mike
was the gas station the texaco off inwood and I-35? cuz everytime i get off to pump right there, always get asked for money. Than there is a nasty dip when you try to get back on the highway going south. There is one white guy, young looking dude, about 5'8 he is always there and everytime I give him money for "food", but i think its for soemthing else cuz he just gets skinnier and skinnier.

11sec
Dirty30 347ci., H/C, plus more fun stuff
jebuzws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:39 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
areas, bad, blvd, center, dallas, harry, hines, hole, hookers, part, shit, shithole, texas, tx, worst