Midnight 1320: Street Wars! Hosted by Houston Performance Driving (HPD) 10/24 @ LMP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Midnight 1320: Street Wars! Hosted by Houston Performance Driving (HPD) 10/24 @ LMP!

S! LS1 Tech Members, Racers, and Staff!

Houston Performance Driving.com (HPD) invites you!

The 2nd Midnight 1320 of 2009 is on the calendar! Houston Performance Driving (HPD) will be hosting another "street racing" style track night @ Lonestar Motorsports Park in Sealy, TX.

HPD has adding some new features and classes to it's structure for October. The HPD Staff and LMP Staff will focus on true street cars and trucks. Dragsters and trailer queens will not be allowed for Street Wars. Sorry please understand this a street style event. Thank you.

Please check your calendars and get this date set. Take the time now to start getting your ride ready for the event.

(July-2008) Midnight 1320 Vid!

HPD Media Staff Vid.
MIDNIGHT 1320

600 spectators + 120 drag racers = for one hell of a night!

(November-2008) Midnight 1320 Vid!

480 spectators + 115 drag racers = another great 1200:1320

Vid from HPD's good buddy Dex from Tunerlifestyletv.com.
http://www.tunerlifestyletv.com/inde...album-60&num=1

This Vid was made by HPD member Maskerade!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kC4ySzSkHc

(May-2009) Midnight 1320.

800 spectators and + 125 drag racers = The largest 1200:1320 yet!

*Sorry no vids from that night

*Midnight 1320: Street Wars Outline and General Information.*

I. Mission Statement:

- There has been a massive amount of attention and criticism of the street scene here in Houston. Street racing has caused many injuries and even deaths in H-Town. It's now time to stop this behavior and take it to the track. Houston Performance Driving is stepping up to the plate with John Hennessey of Hennessey Performance Engineering/Lonestar Motorsports Park (LMP) to educated newbs and old cats a like on good old fashion 1/4m drag racing.

- Give the track a chance! If you are a street racer...it's guaranteed that if you give the track a chance. You will feel that rush you get on the street. However in a safe, ticket-free, and controlled environment . YOU WILL GET HOOKED ON TRACK!

- Houston Performance Drivings mission is to bring all the race crews, forums, independents, and shops together for a different kind of track night* with a street racing theme. HPD is a forum that hosts many events throughout the year. Such has drag days/nights, meets, shows, cruises, and many social activities. HPD is a open forum to performance Imports and Domestics and those who push them to their limits.

- This event is open to anyone and everyone! From the 9 sec trailer queens to the 14 sec Yahoos. There should be a great mix of cars and trucks. Such as Vipers, C5, C6s, Z06s, Z28s, SSs, Mustangs, Saleens, Cobras, T/As, Lightnings, SRT 4s, 6s, 8s, 10s, P-Cars, M3s, M5s, M6s, Mercedes AMGs, WRXs, STIs, EVOs, Supras, 350 Zs, G35/37s, Old School muscle, custom Hondas, Imports and Domestics! 100% open to anyone who enjoys the street racing lifestyle. Join us!

II. Qualifications and Class Information:

Midnight 1320 will use the *Pro-Tree* format for this event.

- Street Tire Class:

1) Street Tires *ONLY*. - Tires will be inspected when you tech in. NO drag radials.

2) Must be driven to the track.

3) Full Interior - No gutted rides allowed! Racers must have working dash, front seats (if no back seats, must be carpeted), working head lights, signals, and wipers. RADIOS and A/C are not required!

- Drag Radial Class:

1) Drag Radial Tires *ONLY*. - Tires will be inspected when you tech in.

2) Must be driven to the track.

3) Full Interior - No gutted rides allowed! All racers must have working dash, front seats (if no back seats, must be carpeted), working head lights, signals, and wipers. RADIOS and A/C are not required!

- Pro-Street Class:

1) Slicks/Tire set up of your choice. Built block. All power adders.

2) Trailers are allowed for Pro-Street. Do not have to be driven to the track.

3) Full Interior - No gutted rides allowed! You are still a street car. All racers must have working dash, front seats (if no back seats, must be carpeted), working head lights, signals, and wipers. RADIOS and A/C are not required!

- Unlimited Class:

Notice* This class will be reserved for Midnight 1320 Tuner/Shop sponsors only.

1) 100% unlimited.

2) No rules, this is Thunder Dome!

- Truck Class:

1) Unlimited power adders!

2) Full Interior - No gutted rides allowed! You are still a street truck. All racers must have working dash, front seats (if no back seats, must be carpeted), working head lights, signals, and wipers. RADIOS and A/C are not required!

3) Gasoline and Diesel Trucks.

- Bike Class (Unlimited):

1) There are NONE! Unlimited!

2) Trailers are allowed for the unlimited bike class.

- Terms of Service: I agree that the HPD Staff will have all say in the rules and regulations governing the Midnight 1320: Street Wars Event. I understand all rules and qualifications for my run class.

III. Teching in:

- When you Tech-In please tell your tech what class you are entering. He will check your tires and inspect your ride to double check you are eligible for that class.

- Each class will have it's own code on the window. Example: Street Tire Class = ST*, Drag radials = DR*, Pro-Street = PR*, Truck Class = TC*, and Bike Class = BC*.

- Please red the class information and qualifications before the event.

IV. Test and Tune:

- Will be OPEN from 6PM to 9PM to dial in your systems and get ready for war!

- Take this time to have the car ready and have a little fun too.

V. Street Wars:

Street Wars Competition Structure:

- @ 9:30PM Street Wars begins. Racers will need to turn in their fastest time slip of the night to the HPD Coordinator. The times will be kept by the score keeper until the end of the night. Racing will end between Midnight at 12:30AM depending on how many racers we have.

- Make sure you keep your time slips and turn them in! Staff will not accept verbal times.

- Street Wars is open to all racers after test and tune. Drivers are more than welcome to race without turning in their time slips. It is up to the racer if he/she wants to turn in their time slips. HPD and LMP want 1200:1320 to be fun and relaxed racing.

VI. Winners and Prizes:

- There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place trophy for each class. The top 3 winners in each class will also receive free Midnight 1320 T-Shirt.

- Trophies from the last 1200:1320 were extremely nice!

- Awards will be giving out immediately after the Street Wars.

- If you think you have the fastest time of the night, please stay around until the end.

VII. 1200:1320 Schedule for October 24th.

- When: October 24th, 2009. (Saturday)
- Time: Gates open @ 5PM! Test and tune from 6PM-9PM. Street Wars start @ 9:30PM - 1AM.
- Where: Lonestar Motorsports Park in Sealy, TX.
- Map: http://www.lonestarmotorsportspark.com/
- How much: $30 to race and $15 to spectate.
- Who: The heavy hitters of the Houston area.
- Why: Do racing ticket-free! Also to show people that the track is the place to be!
- How: It's the pedal on the right!

VIII. Sponsors for October 3rd Midnight 1320! THANK YOU!

- Late Model Racecraft.
- Advanced Racing Dynamics.
- Crown Staffing INC.
- Reliapole Industries.
- Lonestar Motorsports Park.
- Hennessey Performance Engineering

For more information on being a Midnight 1320 sponsor please PM G-Z06 (Garett Oliphant) or xtc4us (Troy Dixon).

IX. Safety and EMS:

- There will be full EMS and Fire Rescue staff during 1200:1320. Please take the time to thank these men and women. They are the real heroes!

- HPD will have control of the VHT spray downs. The staff will make sure to do all it can to provide the best grip possible. Everyone had great things to say about the track prep last Midnight 1320. There were also many personal best times from people that has drag raced for many years. We will provide that same level hard work again during the May 30th 1200:1320. Be there!

- If you have any safety questions or concerns please PM G-Z06 (Garett Oliphant) or xtc4us (Troy Dixon) and we will get back ASAP.

Thank you!

HPD Staff.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

ill be there either watching or racing depends how fast i can get cash and my mods installed.
Will there be a meet and a roll out to sealy?
Old 09-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Launching!

IN..... Troy any awards for fastest chick ?? lol

You know momma hot laps the **** out of her car at these...
Old 09-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by camAro242
ill be there either watching or racing depends how fast i can get cash and my mods installed.
Will there be a meet and a roll out to sealy?
Normally there will be a rally up for the cruise over to LMP. The Staff will be there a few hours before gates open to gt everything ready. Keep an eye on the HPD Forum for meet ups/cruise to 1200:1320.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Take 2
IN..... Troy any awards for fastest chick ?? lol

You know momma hot laps the **** out of her car at these...
We will be more than happy to open a Fastest Female class if we can get +5 racers. 5 is all we need.

Hope to see a lot of the Fearless Performance Crew out there on the 24th.

T.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by xtc4us
We will be more than happy to open a Fastest Female class if we can get +5 racers. 5 is all we need.

Hope to see a lot of the Fearless Performance Crew out there on the 24th.

T.
Maybe i can get my wife to race the silver car
Old 09-02-2009, 07:47 AM
Teching In

All PMs replied. Thanks LS1-Tech!

Troy - HPD Staff.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:43 AM
Launching!

FP is going to be out there for sure on the 24th..... We always have a blast at these

Thanks HPD for putting on such a kickass event !!!
Old 09-04-2009, 07:44 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Rob's 02 SS
Maybe i can get my wife to race the silver car
Well we can have a 2 chick class then.... we may need some land ..
Old 09-04-2009, 07:48 AM
Teching In

Hey guys. I will go back to the other forum where I've posted this event, and post something about a possible female class. We are also going to have 2 bikes classes for you 2 wheel Yahoos.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:56 AM
On The Tree

I will be at this one..

Jason...answer my PM
Old 09-04-2009, 08:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Blackfly
I will be at this one..

Jason...answer my PM
PM Replied
Old 09-04-2009, 09:04 AM
Teching In

A female class sounds awesome!!!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:26 AM
8 Second Club

Lil Powell and I may make an appearance to run the cars. We'll have to see how things are going then. Hopefully him and I have running cars still then! LOL!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Launching!

Night should be nice and cool!!
Old 09-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Teching In

My wife will be racing thats 2... yall wanna do drag radial? street tire?? need to get them in 1 class unless u wanna go run what you brung?? =)

Some needs to let me know so illl know how to setup the wifeys car.. i mean i think we should do a reasonable deal like drag radials and street tires only.. anything else goes but u have to have full interior... working front seats.. bla bla carpet if no backseat... same rules as drag radial an street if possible.. but we need to set it to one tire if u wanna have a chick drag radial shoot out then a street tire shoot out my wifes excited so shes wiggin out lol

Last edited by 0-60; 09-09-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 0-60
My wife will be racing thats 2... yall wanna do drag radial? street tire?? need to get them in 1 class unless u wanna go run what you brung?? =)

Some needs to let me know so illl know how to setup the wifeys car.. i mean i think we should do a reasonable deal like drag radials and street tires only.. anything else goes but u have to have full interior... working front seats.. bla bla carpet if no backseat... same rules as drag radial an street if possible.. but we need to set it to one tire if u wanna have a chick drag radial shoot out then a street tire shoot out my wifes excited so shes wiggin out lol
Im trying convince mine.But she doesnt wana break the car. I got some new m/t in last week. Drag radials.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 0-60

Mine is In for Sure....we are going to be on an ET street full out street car will be drove out there

They let us run the drag radial class at the last one on the et street so I think thats fair...

If we cant get anymore women that are down to drive I guess ours will just have to run a few passes side by side
Old 09-10-2009, 02:38 AM
Teching In

Thats fine i know 2 women from downhere in bmt will be coming.. im not 100% suree on 1 but im bout 95% positive 1 will come... and ill put my wifeys car on front runners an mt streets also so yeah there gonna have to go at it.. we will trailer the car into houston some ways..and then drive the car in.. i hope thats aloud.. i mean its a totally full blown street car just driving it 100 miles is like a waste of gas... its got 430s in it... so i mean we bringn trailer incase something happens so why not load it on there an save money an gas.. its not a trailer queen this will be the first time its ever not being driven somewhere.. i hope thats not a problem =)

Last edited by 0-60; 09-10-2009 at 02:44 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Rob's 02 SS
Im trying convince mine.But she doesnt wana break the car. I got some new m/t in last week. Drag radials.
I hope you can convince her because I have always thought our cars would be a good race.