Greatness!!!

Old 09-10-2009, 10:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greatness!!!

I heard about this on the Mark Davis show. Someone is genius!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQv4wEPe5XM
Old 09-10-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol. That was pretty good.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:46 AM
TECH Regular

Pretty skewed view.
Other countries have free health care for everyone and they don't pay anymore in taxes than we do with ZERO health care...they don't have a military that sucks out Billions of dollars each year.
Mandatory 4 to 8 weeks off PAID VACATION for all working citizens...which US company would want their workers happy and healthy??? Which US politician wants their people to see the world for all it's splendor??? None of 'em. They want their citizens dumb and stressed and scared to lose their jobs. They work harder when they can't afford their Happy Meals and Whoppers. In those countries, the politicians are scared of the public and the citizens make the policy that is right for them and their needs. Here, the public makes youtube videos telling everyone to leave Brittany Spears alone.
Republican: Keep working, keep working...move along...nothing to see here. The rest of the World is a **** hole and you are better off working in that Coal mine so that my profits go up and you and your family will continue working for me and my family.
Keep poking fun and thumping your chest on how great you have it. Then walk down to the homeless shelter and get up on that soap box and try to say that same rhetoric while looking those poor souls in the eye. Go down to the courts when the IRS files to take the only homes and property of elderly men and women because they have not paid their $400 in taxes the past 2 years. No compassion for those who we were all raised to look out after. The poor, weak, hungry...those huddled masses yearning to breathe free. But only if it keeps the price of gas low and we all can get 50 rolls of toilet paper at Costco.
The spirit of this nation is killed by greed and the displacement of values. Hoarding wealth is the effort of a person of weak will and low self esteem. Helping others have a better quality of life starts with a person's health.....not wealth.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Determined to get a vacation, are we?

-Mike
Old 09-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Kewl_Blades
Pretty skewed view.
Other countries have free health care for everyone and they don't pay anymore in taxes than we do with ZERO health care...
thats the least educated response I've heard in a long time. Norwegian tax is almost 75%, but they have sweet healthcare....I'd rather choose to do what I want with my money. Land of the free...
Old 09-10-2009, 12:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by khaos288
thats the least educated response I've heard in a long time. Norwegian tax is almost 75%, but they have sweet healthcare....I'd rather choose to do what I want with my money. Land of the free...
Do a bit of research:
Norway has a high income tax rate and a moderate corporate tax rate. The top income tax rate is 47.8 percent, and the flat corporate tax rate is 28 percent. Other taxes include a value-added tax (VAT), a tax on net wealth, and a number of environmental taxes. In the most recent year, overall tax revenue as a percentage of GDP was 43.6 percent.

U.S. tax rates are burdensome. Both the top income tax rate and the top corporate tax rate are 35 percent. Other taxes include a property tax, an estate tax, and excise taxes, and additional income and sales taxes are assessed at the state and local levels. In the most recent year, overall tax revenue as a percentage of GDP was 28.2 percent.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Determined to get a vacation, are we?

-Mike
Yes....and I rant. LOL
Old 09-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Launching!

Do a bit of research:
Norway has a high income tax rate and a moderate corporate tax rate. The top income tax rate is 47.8 percent, and the flat corporate tax rate is 28 percent. Other taxes include a value-added tax (VAT), a tax on net wealth, and a number of environmental taxes. In the most recent year, overall tax revenue as a percentage of GDP was 43.6 percent.

U.S. tax rates are burdensome. Both the top income tax rate and the top corporate tax rate are 35 percent. Other taxes include a property tax, an estate tax, and excise taxes, and additional income and sales taxes are assessed at the state and local levels. In the most recent year, overall tax revenue as a percentage of GDP was 28.2 percent.
Sweet you threw some numbers together. The fact remains 75% of the average wage earners dollar in Norway goes to the government, through direct tax or whatever other trickle down effect from corporate tax. If you think U.S. tax rates are that tragic I dare you to live in a country with "free" healthcare. I don't agree with all the taxes in America, but its just a fact we pay less than most of the modernized western world.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by khaos288
Sweet you threw some numbers together. The fact remains 75% of the average wage earners dollar in Norway goes to the government, through direct tax or whatever other trickle down effect from corporate tax. If you think U.S. tax rates are that tragic I dare you to live in a country with "free" healthcare. I don't agree with all the taxes in America, but its just a fact we pay less than most of the modernized western world.
I would like to see those facts.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Launching!

I hate to link wiki, but I don't care enough to go through the sources and link that

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_rates_around_the_world

up to 48% income tax, Value added tax, 25%, 14% on food, and 8% on transportation...obviously the 48% is for the wealthy, but one of my professors is a native and can attest to ridiculous taxes, despite the healthcare they get
Old 09-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Launching!

and on another note, I do believe its .48$ on every dollar in revenue come from american taxpayers, while only .13$ is from corporate tax. I don't agree with that by any means.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

Pretty skewed view.
Other countries have free health care for everyone and they don't pay anymore in taxes than we do with ZERO health care...they don't have a military that sucks out Billions of dollars each year.
Mandatory 4 to 8 weeks off PAID VACATION for all working citizens...which US company would want their workers happy and healthy??? Which US politician wants their people to see the world for all it's splendor??? None of 'em. They want their citizens dumb and stressed and scared to lose their jobs. They work harder when they can't afford their Happy Meals and Whoppers. In those countries, the politicians are scared of the public and the citizens make the policy that is right for them and their needs. Here, the public makes youtube videos telling everyone to leave Brittany Spears alone.
Republican: Keep working, keep working...move along...nothing to see here. The rest of the World is a **** hole and you are better off working in that Coal mine so that my profits go up and you and your family will continue working for me and my family.
Keep poking fun and thumping your chest on how great you have it. Then walk down to the homeless shelter and get up on that soap box and try to say that same rhetoric while looking those poor souls in the eye. Go down to the courts when the IRS files to take the only homes and property of elderly men and women because they have not paid their $400 in taxes the past 2 years. No compassion for those who we were all raised to look out after. The poor, weak, hungry...those huddled masses yearning to breathe free. But only if it keeps the price of gas low and we all can get 50 rolls of toilet paper at Costco.
The spirit of this nation is killed by greed and the displacement of values. Hoarding wealth is the effort of a person of weak will and low self esteem. Helping others have a better quality of life starts with a person's health.....not wealth.
Marxist huh? So why is my responsibility or your resposibility to pay for someone that has made bad decisions all of their life or wants to live off the system and be lazy? Why should I go to work everyday and work my *** off to pay for Mr. and Mrs. Dipshit with their 4 kids and one on the way so they can sit around make babies all day sell drugs, steal, and smoke cigarettes? So your propsing we should pay for them to destroy their heath and then pay to fix it?

You actually said something I agree with. We will never own our homes or property until property taxes are repealed. I agree it is a very sad thing that people lose their property to the Government for trivial amounts of money. We need to elect people that want to repeal these taxes.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by boostnificent
Marxist huh? So why is my responsibility or your resposibility to pay for someone that has made bad decisions all of their life or wants to live off the system and be lazy? Why should I go to work everyday and work my *** off to pay for Mr. and Mrs. Dipshit with their 4 kids and one on the way so they can sit around make babies all day sell drugs, steal, and smoke cigarettes? So your propsing we should pay for them to destroy their heath and then pay to fix it?
The worst part about that is....it is happening RIGHT NOW without you even knowing it. Without your concent. Without your vote.
Your price of medical care includes covering people who cannot and do not pay. Your health insurance does not go down each year becuase you are healthy, does it?
We all pay for Medicade and Medicare. Funding goes towards helping those individuals on it....even the mother who keeps pumping out kids every 9 months with a different Baby's Daddy each time.
The corruption is already in place and happening right now.
The Universal Health option helps those who want health care but cannot afford it and those with pre-existing conditions that get denied or put into a HIGH-risk payment option.
Children get free health care up to a certain age. Why put a time limit on someone's health? So if you are sick and 13, you are covered...but if you are 14, you can go **** yourself? Seriously??
Old 09-10-2009, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The worst part about that is....it is happening RIGHT NOW without you even knowing it. Without your concent. Without your vote.
Your price of medical care includes covering people who cannot and do not pay. Your health insurance does not go down each year becuase you are healthy, does it?
We all pay for Medicade and Medicare. Funding goes towards helping those individuals on it....even the mother who keeps pumping out kids every 9 months with a different Baby's Daddy each time.
The corruption is already in place and happening right now.
The Universal Health option helps those who want health care but cannot afford it and those with pre-existing conditions that get denied or put into a HIGH-risk payment option.
Children get free health care up to a certain age. Why put a time limit on someone's health? So if you are sick and 13, you are covered...but if you are 14, you can go **** yourself? Seriously??
All your saying with this is we're paying for a limited age but now we will be paying for every age. Sorry but I don’t see why I should have to pay for someone's healthcare and that goes for Medicaid too. Besides maybe the few people that cant help themselves. Like a senior that worked hard all there life and there bills are overwhelming. I bet your for giving illegal immigrants social security money. Also Medicaid is a **** run program so what do you thinks going to happen when everyone is using government run healthcare?
Old 09-10-2009, 05:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JeaneZ28
All your saying with this is we're paying for a limited age but now we will be paying for every age. Sorry but I don’t see why I should have to pay for someone's healthcare and that goes for Medicaid too. Besides maybe the few people that cant help themselves. Like a senior that worked hard all there life and there bills are overwhelming. I bet your for giving illegal immigrants social security money. Also Medicaid is a **** run program so what do you thinks going to happen when everyone is using government run healthcare?
Rule #1: Not all liberals are the same. I am not on that side of the Illegal Immigration issue. All illegal immigrants need to leave the country and get in legally...with our permission and agreeing to our rules and procedures. Convicted criminals are not allowed. Which includes the language requirements and which flags you can fly. Goes for any illegal immigrant from any country of origin. Those shifty Canadians.

You have no choice in where your taxes go to. We are all taxed and the government doesn't ask where you want it spent. And you are already paying for every age bracket and every tax bracket and every over priced aspirin tablet that is out there. Do you really think a hospital bill is the true cost of your particular medical procedure? Nope. It is so they make a profit on the people who are paying, insurance and cover the cost of those who do not pay for their medical procedures. BUT...if everyone had insurance, would the cost go down? Would the insurance companies compete at a lower cost to get clients? Insurance companies are out there for a profit. They continue to profit more and more each year without ADDING to your and my benefits. A national plan would hit 'em where it counts....the pocketbook. The more clients the bad insurance companies loose, the more they have to either change their ways or go belly up. The good insurance companies that do not treat their contributors like trash and replaceable revenue, have a better chance of actually getting more clients and hopefully lowering cost for everyone.

Stating that everyone who needs medical attention is a loser low-life, really needs to look around them and ask themselves if they see their own family and friends as losers. We all need medical attention from time to time. Some for only a fever. Some for Cancer. Some by accident. Some by their own will and choices. No matter how you slice it. We are all already paying for it anyway. Might as well put some regulation in the business, compete at a national level, lower costs, and raise the bar for health care services.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Rule #1: Not all liberals are the same. I am not on that side of the Illegal Immigration issue. All illegal immigrants need to leave the country and get in legally...with our permission and agreeing to our rules and procedures. Convicted criminals are not allowed. Which includes the language requirements and which flags you can fly. Goes for any illegal immigrant from any country of origin. Those shifty Canadians.

You have no choice in where your taxes go to. We are all taxed and the government doesn't ask where you want it spent. And you are already paying for every age bracket and every tax bracket and every over priced aspirin tablet that is out there. Do you really think a hospital bill is the true cost of your particular medical procedure? Nope. It is so they make a profit on the people who are paying, insurance and cover the cost of those who do not pay for their medical procedures. BUT...if everyone had insurance, would the cost go down? Would the insurance companies compete at a lower cost to get clients? Insurance companies are out there for a profit. They continue to profit more and more each year without ADDING to your and my benefits. A national plan would hit 'em where it counts....the pocketbook. The more clients the bad insurance companies loose, the more they have to either change their ways or go belly up. The good insurance companies that do not treat their contributors like trash and replaceable revenue, have a better chance of actually getting more clients and hopefully lowering cost for everyone.

Stating that everyone who needs medical attention is a loser low-life, really needs to look around them and ask themselves if they see their own family and friends as losers. We all need medical attention from time to time. Some for only a fever. Some for Cancer. Some by accident. Some by their own will and choices. No matter how you slice it. We are all already paying for it anyway. Might as well put some regulation in the business, compete at a national level, lower costs, and raise the bar for health care services.

Would the insurance companies compete at a lower cost to get clients? If it was cheaper they would have no choice. The problem is how do you except them to be competitive unless the government was making a profit. The insurance companies will have to make a profit or there is no point. If the government is just charging the people the cost of all medical expense then the insurance company will never compete. Going belly up would be stupid considering the state of our economy.

No one said people that need medical attention are low-life's. Your average person that cant afford it is the same person that's getting welfare. Yes everyone is paying for healthcare now but that doesn't make it right. The majority of the people your paying for are useless to society.

Also how do except the government to run a bigger healthcare program when they cant even run medicaid?

Last edited by JeaneZ28; 09-11-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

The whole point of working is to make money to support yourself and save for your future. What happens when we take those needs away? The government gives you healthcare, they will pay for your food, and they will pay your housing. Why work? Thats the way a majority of these people look at it. They make money selling their prescriptions they don't need that you paid for!! While your out there busting your *** working 40 plus hours a week for some ******* to lay around and knock up his low life wife so they can get more of your money. Your right it is already happening and what will happen after this **** passes? It gets worse and then not only does it get worse but people like you just sold some more of our freedom to the government so you bleeding heart liberals can feel better about yourselves. Man there is always going to be a class war no matter where you live. There will always be elites and those that are extremely poor. It has been that way since the beginning it will be that way until the end!
Old 09-10-2009, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The whole point of working is to make money to support yourself and save for your future. What happens when we take those needs away? The government gives you healthcare, they will pay for your food, and they will pay your housing. Why work? Thats the way a majority of these people look at it. They make money selling their prescriptions they don't need that you paid for!! While your out there busting your *** working 40 plus hours a week for some ******* to lay around and knock up his low life wife so they can get more of your money. Your right it is already happening and what will happen after this **** passes? It gets worse and then not only does it get worse but people like you just sold some more of our freedom to the government so you bleeding heart liberals can feel better about yourselves. Man there is always going to be a class war no matter where you live. There will always be elites and those that are extremely poor. It has been that way since the beginning it will be that way until the end!
I couldnt of said it any better.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:26 AM
c6r
On The Tree

Mannn" yal ****"s are really talking deep **** 2day
Old 09-11-2009, 09:31 AM
12 Second Club

^^^Ahmen! I work hard for what I have!

Search this Thread