Texans Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 09:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Texans Thread

That game yesterday was a huge disappointment. They looked terrible.

Schaub looked like garbage. Slaton looked bad. I want to know why in 4 quarters of play, Andre Johnson is thrown to only 7 times. I really questioned the offensive play calling yesterday. There were just too many of these little garbage *** quick passes for a 1 yard gain plays. It reminded me of the days of David Carr.

I realize Walter was out, so there was probably some extra attention on Andre Johnson, but you have to get that guy the ball.

Our safeties and corners are a HUGE problem.

Cushing, Mario and Ryans looked good.

The Titans and Jaguars start the season off with a loss and we manage to drop one to the Jets. Talk about not taking advantage.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the game was laughable...terrible performance.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andre Johnson Thrown to 7 times??? Thats alot for a game, if not the average. If you keep throwing to one guy the defense catches on and thats how interceptions happen. Either way, it was a pathetic game in Houston!
Old 09-14-2009, 10:18 AM
TECH Junkie

I'm sick of hearing Kubiak say, "We weren't prepared and that starts with me."

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
-Albert Einstein
-Mike
Old 09-14-2009, 10:26 AM
12 Second Club

To say I'm dissapointed in their performance yesterday would be a huge understatement. Schaub looked like the rookie yesterday. Our defense was solid for a short a while but over all, we play soft. And soft playing starts at the top. Kubiak is a good guy but you don't play a game like that and then go to the locker room and tell your players it's your fault and your sorry. I have high hopes for this season but this game looked exactly like we played 3 years ago.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by fastvet
Andre Johnson Thrown to 7 times??? Thats alot for a game, if not the average. If you keep throwing to one guy the defense catches on and thats how interceptions happen. Either way, it was a pathetic game in Houston!

7 is defenitely not "a lot" of targets when you are talking about a receiver like Andre Johnson.

Yesterday:

Player - Targeted

Reggie Wayne - 14
Steve Smith - 13
Larry Fitzgerald - 11

"Johnson was rather upset that the Texans didn't look his way a bit more"

Last edited by -Ross-; 09-14-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:43 AM
Banned

I agree 7 attemps is nothing for johnson! Schaub looked horrible. Kubiak and team need to get it clicking! They allowed a rookie qb to score at will. Mario wlliams needs to get on his defense and make them a play stopper! Gave up too many big plays to a decent but not spectacular games. The texans better oil up the machine and get it working flawlessly.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Secondary is definitely a problem. It seemed like overall they had one big lapse on that Thomas Jones deal towards the end of the game, but they did a pretty good job on the run aside from that. The problem is when you do that they will test your cbs.

Our run got contained and we could not respond in turn. When Slaton can't get it done on the ground, I would expect atts to Johnson would be double that. I know you don't want to get crazy and they will expect that but making them work him should open up something else. Our TE caught what, 2 passes?

There were parallels in the GB CHI game too, and how did GB end up pulling it out? Went to their star receiver. Yes it was somewhat risky, but they got a mismatch and Rodgers made the right throw. Grant is good but wasn't having a ton of success through the tackles. We had the same problem but responded differently.

Gruden said he picked us for a losing season this year. He was sounding goofy 24 hours ago.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Teching In

This game ruined my sunday. A buddy of mine from this forum went. The day was going so great, avoided major traffic, these guys gave us their blue suite parking pass in exchange for a ride to the stadium. Then the texans refused to go deep, on 3rd and long they repeatedly went for the screen, it never worked. I even heard grossman chants. Horrible play calling

Cheerleaders looked good though, that's about it.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, that game was so bad it wasn't worth starting a thread over for anyone who saw it.

To the Jets credit, Sanchez played brilliantly for a rookie. The Texans just looked bad all the way across the board. That's all I have to say 'bout that.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

No Texans thread because the Texans forgot to show up for the game so they called a forfeit
Old 09-14-2009, 03:10 PM
TECH Addict

biggest problem in the game was on the O-line. They looked awful. I expected the secondary to struggle but nothing to that extent... we made sanchez look amazing. I have never seen a rookie QB play so clutch on 3rd downs... ratings of 141 on 3rd down, and well below 50 on other downs.

better get our crap together bc things wont get easier playing at Tennessee this sunday.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TXws6
biggest problem in the game was on the O-line. They looked awful. I expected the secondary to struggle but nothing to that extent... we made sanchez look amazing. I have never seen a rookie QB play so clutch on 3rd downs... ratings of 141 on 3rd down, and well below 50 on other downs.

better get our crap together bc things wont get easier playing at Tennessee this sunday.
+1

The secondary struggle, but when your on the field 3/4th's of the game it gets old. Their defense scored more than their offense. As for the passes to Andre, they were way to low, Andre is a huge target that can jump. Jets defense did look pretty solid. Remember, they were a playoff caliber team last year with a 40 year old that lead the league in interceptions. Mark Sanchez stepped up and it showed how improved they are without Favre.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Teching In

well look at it like this. if they keep playing like crap we will get the number one pic. maybe get Colt McCoy. and maybe just maybe John Gruden.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:12 PM
TECH Junkie

We need Taylor Mays from USC.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:27 PM
TECH Junkie

that is all,,,, you may resume.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:14 PM
Teching In

Things might turn around when schaub and kubiak are gone. That was just pitiful. The truly sad part is there is so much potential, and the front 7 on the D look great. With Walter in the offense has so many weapons, but with a suspect secondary and schaub running things we'll be lucky to have another 8-8 season.

I know, lets get gruden, then pick up garcia for the rest of the year out of free agency.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Tex7387
Things might turn around when schaub and kubiak are gone. That was just pitiful. The truly sad part is there is so much potential, and the front 7 on the D look great. With Walter in the offense has so many weapons, but with a suspect secondary and schaub running things we'll be lucky to have another 8-8 season.

I know, lets get gruden, then pick up garcia for the rest of the year out of free agency.
too late; Garcia signed with the Eagles. lolz
Old 09-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK #07
too late; Garcia signed with the Eagles. lolz
damn, well we could still snag grunden and hell i guess put grossman in.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:49 AM
TECH Junkie

in schaub we trust.