low oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default low oil pressure

well went to the muffler shop today finally and was going up the ramps and heard kind of a pop and the car kinda stalled out oil pressure dropped gave it some gas and went back to normal for a second but then shut it off any ideas, car is an m6, ms4 cam, ls6 intake, stock heads, any input would be appreciated
Old 09-14-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whatsa347
well went to the muffler shop today finally and was going up the ramps and heard kind of a pop and the car kinda stalled out oil pressure dropped gave it some gas and went back to normal for a second but then shut it off any ideas, car is an m6, ms4 cam, ls6 intake, stock heads, any input would be appreciated

check what the oil lvl was and what it looks like smells like etc.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you prolly bogged it down rpm went low so did the pressure
Old 09-14-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

doesnt sound abnormal. But if your still in doubt about it let me know
Old 09-15-2009, 02:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well hopefully after tomorrow i'll let everyone know hopefully its nothing big, on another note after my exhaust fell it unfortunately had to be taken out from the rear of the car and now even at idle the whole car vibrates and my shifter shakes pretty bad and it bogs alot when im driving any idea's?? tranny mount or motor mounts?
Old 09-15-2009, 05:35 AM
TECH Addict

well hopefully after tomorrow i'll let everyone know hopefully its nothing big, on another note after my exhaust fell it unfortunately had to be taken out from the rear of the car and now even at idle the whole car vibrates and my shifter shakes pretty bad and it bogs alot when im driving any idea's?? tranny mount or motor mounts?
sounds to me like you got a miss or a tuning issue.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

fell as in came off while driving? if so you might check for damaged wires or sensors
Old 09-15-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
fell as in came off while driving? if so you might check for damaged wires or sensors
Probably burnt or damaged wiring on the front O2 sensors.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Teching In

do you at least have the y-pipe still on it? my boy was running his T/A open headers, and it ran rich and hell. the O2 sensors were getting too much open air, even while driving. Solid motor mounts, and a poly. tranny mount will help with the vibrations.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well got the car today with the exhaust back on, drives seriously like a honda its the smoothest thing ever, no vibrations, no shifter jerking no anything, had no idea exhaust had that much to do with the problem. I am thinking about changing the clutch though to something a little less sensitive i've got a cartek in there now its not too hard or anything just very very sensitive. As for the oil pressure i guess it was my driving on the ramps that caused it? Still throwing SES codes as for which ones i have no idea i'll go check that out soon. oh yeah deerpark muffler ftw cant beat the price or quality of it.