Why can't people drive in the rain?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 12:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Most rain accidents are caused by people who think of buying new tires as a dreadful chore. They choose to drive around on bald tires just because they hold air. So, essentially they do not value their lives or their cars too much, since that is what is ultimately at risk.
True. This is similar to the dumb ***** who ride around for months on a skinny spare because they are too cheap to buy a $60 tire, yet they can still afford their Marlboros.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Most rain accidents are caused by people who think of buying new tires as a dreadful chore. They choose to drive around on bald tires just because they hold air. So, essentially they do not value their lives or their cars too much, since that is what is ultimately at risk.
I gotta agree with this statement. Once upon a time I was even guilty of it myself.

Sucks to hear about the accident. Good luck with the claim. If they elect to repair it, wait till it's repaired then chase diminished value. Damage looks like it could go either way. If they total it, you can always buy it back. Depending on the situation it may benefit you to do so.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry to hear man. My boss just went to lunch about two hours ago and someone tboned him by running a light and totalled his new Range Rover he got about 2 months ago.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

****** stupid people.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Tiny!!!!!

Originally Posted by ls1jorge
Dam dude that sucks man I got rearended feb 09 same spot where u got hitmy moms fed charged me 1500 to fix & paint the entire car , my car was totaled at 4500 to fix but it was a hit & run now I found the bastard pressing charges & sueing for 3k he has a ford ranger
Hit me up for more info if u wanna fix it

Myspace: jorge3dsr@yahoo.com
As soon as I started reading this post I knew it was you jorge.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Teching In

this is also the reason why here in about 15mins im driving from killeen to ft worth in the 09 GT i have with new stock tires instead of the lightning with 1/2 used nitto 555Rs... people who try to drive in rain with drag radials when they have a choice to use something else are at risk too.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:36 PM
12 Second Club

I think it can be fixed.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to see that man. This is why I have a cheap DD for days like that. Most the people in Houston can't drive in normal weather let alone after you throw any kind of bad weather into the mix. When the first drop of rain hits the window its like they instantly loose all driving skill. Another thing, when ya'll take your driving tests here in TX do they not explain the little lever to the left of the steering wheel known as a blinker? Every effing day, a handful of people just start turning into my lane with no indication. Usually when I'm going 5mph faster than they are...

Last edited by Jakson; 01-16-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jakson
Another thing, when ya'll take your driving tests here in TX do they not explain the little lever to the left of the steering wheel known as a blinker? Every effing day, a handful of people just start turning into my lane with no indication. Usually when I'm going 5mph faster than they are...
Exactly !! That really does bother me, is it really that hard to use a turn signal ?

The domestic car makers could save billions by just not installing turn signals on new cars, because no one uses them anyways !
Old 01-17-2010, 08:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jakson
Sorry to see that man. This is why I have a cheap DD for days like that. Most the people in Houston can't drive in normal weather let alone after you throw any kind of bad weather into the mix. When the first drop of rain hits the window its like they instantly loose all driving skill. Another thing, when ya'll take your driving tests here in TX do they not explain the little lever to the left of the steering wheel known as a blinker? Every effing day, a handful of people just start turning into my lane with no indication. Usually when I'm going 5mph faster than they are...
Your totally right... very few people bother using turn signals and its ******* stupid. I use them now out of pure habit because I have been using them since I started driving. Would you imagine that they work amazingly and prevent wrecks occasionally. Some people just never use them cause they feel as if they dont need to. The fact is they arent there for you the driver as much as they are there for all the people around you who might be making a lane change also. Its not that hard to drive courteously... even in a sports car.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Yeah I'm still waiting on the damn adjuster. I'm so pissed cause thursday he told me I would know in 24-48 hours what the verdict on my car would be. Even though I know its totaled: airbags deployed front end smashed up, bent rims, windshield smashed, and the wheels don't react to the steering. Anyway, I found out yesterday that no one has even bothered to look at my car yet! I'm definitley going to buy my car back, either turn it into a strip car or buy a firevird or ta that's needs a drivetrain and drop my stuff in there. Anybody know of anyone selling a cheap roller or gmc/chevy 4x4 mid 90's? If I decide to turn it into a strip car ill be parting out real soon. Thanks for all the support guys!
Old 01-17-2010, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sucks man, good to know you're alright.

I'm just curious though... maybe its just because I'm retarded lol.

Why do you have to buy your car back after its considered totaled?
Even if the car is fully paid off in your name?
Old 01-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by happysem
Sucks man, good to know you're alright.

I'm just curious though... maybe its just because I'm retarded lol.

Why do you have to buy your car back after its considered totaled?
Even if the car is fully paid off in your name?
If the ins co considers it a total loss they pay you what they think it's worth. After they pay you off its considered someone elses property, not sure if its the ins or a salvage yard, but either way you have the option of buying it back at the cost of its worth in its current state. Which in this case would be significantly cheaper than any drivable TA out there.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh, that makes perfect sense lol.

I was thinking in my case, since I only have liability.

If mine was totaled, would I have to buy it back since the insurance co wouldn't pay for it?
Old 01-18-2010, 07:50 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by happysem
Oh, that makes perfect sense lol.

I was thinking in my case, since I only have liability.

If mine was totaled, would I have to buy it back since the insurance co wouldn't pay for it?
hope they deam it someone else's fault so you can get money out of it. If it's yours with just Liability
Old 01-18-2010, 11:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ppl in cali are worse, it rained today and all the freeways turned to parking lots. lol they make me laugh

Quick Reply: Why can't people drive in the rain?