Another one bites the dust....

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another one bites the dust....

Damn Expedition got me on 635. So far its at 4k and that's before the door is forced open so probably more. Good thing I know a place that can get me fixed, just probably have to get a salvage title though.
Attached Thumbnails Another one bites the dust....-imag0100.jpg  
Old 02-08-2010, 08:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sux man
Old 02-08-2010, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

damn that is pretty nasty... it's not that big is mass but it sure did some good amount of damage... what happend? im trying to think how they hit you but i cant... lol
Old 02-08-2010, 11:08 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't help you for a place in Greenville, but if you were in the Houston area Lane's Hi-tech is good with any car.
Jeff
Old 02-08-2010, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

Wish there was away to work aroung getting a salvage title. I dont like 635.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

inspector, are they good a custom work? im wanting to blend in my cme valence and want a good shop to do it RIGHT the first time... have been searching the boards but have not really found anyone that can say for sure, is that were you take your cars? i have seen your blue one once at a car show and it looks sick!
Old 02-09-2010, 12:26 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
damn that is pretty nasty... it's not that big is mass but it sure did some good amount of damage... what happend? im trying to think how they hit you but i cant... lol
Quick rundown.... I was in the far right lane going about 50. Expedition to my left. Rear bumper about my door. 07 Suburban to his left basically even with me. Woman in the suburban lost it, somehow, her front right hit the rear left of the expedition which pushed the *** end of the expedition into my side. Due to my mad driving skills, lol, I kept my car straight and got off of the bridge we were on. The expedition ended up in the far left lane in the HOV. The suburban then side swiped a car hauler. At least everyone had insurance. Happened about noon at Jupiter and 635 west. I already have the claim, estimates, numbers and all that. Waiting on the adjuster. Bad thing is, I already know the car is totaled, mainly because of a door jamb impact, but all the quotes include replacing the door. Funny thing is, according to 2 quotes, replacing the door is 1800?!? The quarter is about 1500 and the rest is stupid ****. The want to replace my Z28 badges (that I took off) and a small tear on the bottom of the front bumper cover. I know I can get a door for a few bucks, and am not worried about the bumper cover. All want is the quarter fixed. But the body shops won't give me a quote for just that. I'll figure something out. I know a guy in bohnam that is an expert at making one car from 2 and not being able to tell the difference. Problem is finding a good quarter.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:28 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Palomba
Wish there was away to work aroung getting a salvage title. I dont like 635.
I am trying my damnest not to get a salvage title. Then my screen name would really be appropriate! Sad thing is, it used to be a really clean car, until I had to start driving 150 miles a day down 30-635-75.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:57 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Damn that blows bro.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

yeah We used to drive up and down 30 635 and 75 every day when i was doing ac/heating. We drove all over, damn traffic, and dumb people who dont know how to drive or dont pay attention all over the place. We went through half a tank of gas a day at least in the work truck drivin from job to job is seemed. Good luck man. Go to dallas around 121 and get one of those shady shops to look at it. Those guys will do anything for you if you have cash.