P90x

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 03:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P90x

Are any of you guys using the P90X work out program? If so what have your results been and do you like it? Is anyone using the Shakeology stuff? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I downloaded P90X the other day but haven't used it...

Went through some of the videos, and it looks intense.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:02 PM

I did it once...My sister does it all the time. It whipped my @$$. She loves it and i think its a great program, but you might want to be a little bit in shape before starting...its not as beginner friendly as they make it out to be but yes it is intense.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i recommend you do p90x and go to the gym at the same time, you'll see amazing results and when you won't get stuck on a plateau by just going to the gym.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by whatsa347
i recommend you do p90x and go to the gym at the same time, you'll see amazing results and when you won't get stuck on a plateau by just going to the gym.
I like the idea of going to the gym but I don't know what to do when I get there. I can't really afford to hire a trainer so I thought the P90X would be good because I have someone showing me what to do. It also has a decent nutritional guide. I am pretty sold on it but I wanted to get the opinion of people I could trust. This community will tell you if something is crap or not.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P90x is designed for the people that don't want to go to the gym. Save your money and study up on full body workouts. Bodybuilders.com is your friend, they have plans and videos all setup. I see the best results when I go full body. Plus you only have to go to the gym 3-4 times a week. Full body workouts target your core everytime you workout which is what P90x bases on. Are you planning on dieting to? Both go hand in hand.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Teching In

P90X is a great program, a couple of buddies have done and finished the program and result were shown. I personally am doing the Insanity Workout, Its almost the same thing but 30 days less, and I'm seeing results. But one of the most important thing is sticking to the diet to show improvements.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Teching In

They have a new one out too called Insanity. Looks to be a lot more intense with a quicker time for results(60 days). I have done the P90X and it is good, but i would try to download it or find it used. Its still over $100 brand new.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:08 PM
TECH Junkie

I'll sell mine in excellent shape for $80shipped.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Teching In

I have it and been using it. Def. an intense program. P90x and Insanity is all muscle confusion which in my opinion is better than the traditional gym workouts. I still go to the gym, but thats just for my usual 3 mile cardio. I would try any of the 2, I've seen results from P90X and Insanity seems like its along the same lines if not more intense.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OP, PM me if you need help downloading it, or want to know how.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

If you just want to go to the gym look online for some good workouts. Where do you live at? Just avoid hitting a plateau by changing the workouts up, dont do the same 4-5 bicep work outs and expect them to keep growing and ext. Same for all muscle groups. you gatta change it up to see the best results. And a good diet is key to any weight loss/muscle gain program, or you might as well not even do it.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I RaCE In HeeLs
I have it and been using it. Def. an intense program. P90x and Insanity is all muscle confusion which in my opinion is better than the traditional gym workouts. I still go to the gym, but thats just for my usual 3 mile cardio. I would try any of the 2, I've seen results from P90X and Insanity seems like its along the same lines if not more intense.
That also depends on what someone wants as an outcome. I stick with weight training b/c I still play sports so I need the power that comes from heavy resistance. For my cardio, and the guys I train with, we stick with HIIT training. Jogging long distances just doesn't build the results we need concerning 40 times, vertical jump, feet movement/memory, and upper body power. Plus once you go past a certain point of exhaustion, you're body begins to burn the easiest sources which include, fat, musle, and water "sweat".

Truthfully, I have never tried p90x, but I know guys that have. Two were Div1 football players and they say it kicked their ***. As any set program, do the workouts, eat right and you will get results. If you don't feel like dropping the cash, there are countless amounts of workouts out there that are all free, they just take dedication.

You can even start off by doing pushups, hip raises, back extensions, and crunches in your living room. Just stay active.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by redz_02
P90x is designed for the people that don't want to go to the gym. Save your money and study up on full body workouts. Bodybuilders.com is your friend, they have plans and videos all setup. I see the best results when I go full body. Plus you only have to go to the gym 3-4 times a week. Full body workouts target your core everytime you workout which is what P90x bases on. Are you planning on dieting to? Both go hand in hand.
Yes I do plan on dieting. I want a lifestyle change not just temporary weight loss. You are what you eat!!

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
I'll sell mine in excellent shape for $80shipped.
Does it include the nutrition plan and the fitness guide?

Originally Posted by Palomba
If you just want to go to the gym look online for some good workouts. Where do you live at? Just avoid hitting a plateau by changing the workouts up, dont do the same 4-5 bicep work outs and expect them to keep growing and ext. Same for all muscle groups. you gatta change it up to see the best results. And a good diet is key to any weight loss/muscle gain program, or you might as well not even do it.
I live at Lake Texoma.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by boostnificent
Does it include the nutrition plan and the fitness guide?
Yeah it includes everything. Its literally brand new, never used. I had one a while ago, did it for a little while but my schedule didn't mesh with finding an hour a day. I got rid of it, and bought it again a few months later. I haven't started again. I only have a few classes left of school, and just can't seem to find the time.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Teching In

i have heard some amazing stories from people that stick with it. The key is eating right and sticking to the program. Just dedicate yourself to it and make yourself accountable for not skipping. you will not be dissapointed if you stick with it.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Launching!

great program, been doing it for a year with the wife. i definately recommend.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OP if your serious about it I can write you everything you need to know, it might be a little long but if you wanna look like a champion its the route to go.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by whatsa347
OP if your serious about it I can write you everything you need to know, it might be a little long but if you wanna look like a champion its the route to go.
Yes I am very serious about it. I hate being tired and overweight. I am taking 14 hours this semester and I am having a hard time staying awake when I study. I am not like Ralphie May overweight but 50-60 lbs over anyway. Plus I don't want to end up a diabetic or a cardiac patient. I want more energy and to increase my cognitive efficiency.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you sir have a pm

Quick Reply: P90x