Speed bumps in neighborhood

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed bumps in neighborhood

Is it legal for me to install some by my house? Just high enough to slow these ******* idiots down? I even live across from a park and people seem to think it's a race track. Ricers are the worst. It's not like a main road or anything, it's just a normal street.

Or could I be sued if some jackass goes 40mph and cracks a rim?
Old 02-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

yeaaa maybe you should get with your neighborhood society or whatever n talk to them about it and yall can go to the city of houston and ask if they can install one.`
Old 02-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by carlos sauceda
yeaaa maybe you should get with your neighborhood society or whatever n talk to them about it and yall can go to the city of houston and ask if they can install one.`
just leave a 12" pipe wrench on your front porch under a chair when you hear the ******* launch it and pray you hit the car. if they are speeding down a residential street they are doing the illegal thing.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:40 PM
TECH Regular

lol just use a rock or something so its not obvious..throw a lil in front of the car.. and make sure no one sees you.. after the 2nd time they should get the idea..

just make sure no kids are on the side of the road incase they lose control
Old 02-13-2010, 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

to deter speeders, you need to have a cop out there once and a while.
The only way that will happen is if a cop moves into the area
then cops will hang around all the time
there will be donut shops everywhere
cop bars will spring up and there will be fights in the street
Old 02-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Launching!

my neighbor throws basketballs. pretty easy to claim a bad shot. hes also kicked soccer ***** or whatever else he could claim "just rolled outta the garage"
Old 02-13-2010, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ls6firebird
my neighbor throws basketballs. pretty easy to claim a bad shot. hes also kicked soccer ***** or whatever else he could claim "just rolled outta the garage"
I like that

You cannot just put one in the street. Talk to your association or city about the speed bumps. The local police can also help you. You can get a petition and have it signed by the homeowners. They can do a study to back up your claims. They is alot more involved in the speed bumps/humps than most people know. I drive a firetruck for a living. After the study, they draw up plans and they are passed on to the city of Houston (not sure where you are located). The city passes the plans on to the fire department. The go to the station that is affected and we look at them. Will this slow emergency response to the affected area?? I'm sure we are just one "party" that has to approve the speed bump. I understand your problem. I like to go fast. There is a place for that and it is not in a neighborhood. I am a dad with kids with "new" drivers on my street. Very frustrating to see them hauling a$$ on the street. Some of the other responses sound good, but I don't want to go to jail for pulling some kid out of a car or damaging his POS. I also don't want them damaging my home because I tell them "slow that $hit down". Good luck
Old 02-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Staging Lane

well if u hit a speed bump 40 plus in a cop car, truck or fire department thingy u wont feel it worth of crap. i would just sit on top of my roof at night when im bore and when i hear one coming just paintball it or shoot it with a bb gun haha. they will eventualy stop passing near wherever they got shot at
Old 02-13-2010, 01:15 PM
The House is Rockin'

im pretty sure its illegal to install speed bumps yourself, try getting some neighbors to back you up and take it to the county. they might install them if you get enough people to complain.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Staging Lane

yup thats what im saying. and get like a neighborhood watch like in all these nice little neighborhoods
Old 02-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Launching!

hopefully it works better there than it did here. weve always had that problem on our street. people complained, complained, complained, and complained more. talked to the homeowners, policed dept, etc. nobody took it serious tho. couple years ago, a high school girl was speeding down the street not payin attention and hit 2 kids on bikes. they took it serious after that happened. try to do something, those things happen.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

A big hammer. I know you cant put one in yourself. But push the issue, the more people you have go in on it with you the better. Eventually they will do it just to shut everyone up about the complaining im sure.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

Yea my neighborhood is realy bad on all the speeding and burnouts. "Its where all the trucks are at" well it sucks. But oh well some have learned there lesson by flipping or falling into ditches n hitting curves but there's just too many.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Launching!

Yea my neighborhood is realy bad on all the speeding and burnouts. "Its where all the trucks are at" well it sucks. But oh well some have learned there lesson by flipping or falling into ditches n hitting curves but there's just too many.
problem is, people that do **** that stupid are the ones that are too dumb to learn from their mistakes
Old 02-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

Yup that's very true. Some are just stupid and burnout on every stop sign or fishtail on every turn. And a lot can't control it there has acctualy been a couple that have gonne into houses luckily there's usualy no one ever home
Old 02-13-2010, 02:12 PM
Staging Lane

Dude just add one at night and make sure no one sees u lol. Cut a pipe in half add it to the street and add a quick layer or quickrite and be gonne
Old 02-13-2010, 02:24 PM
Launching!

Yup that's very true. Some are just stupid and burnout on every stop sign or fishtail on every turn. And a lot can't control it there has acctualy been a couple that have gonne into houses luckily there's usualy no one ever home
like this idiot? the road they were on was a neighborhood road and they crossed the main road. you'd think that after crossing a main road, hopping a decent sized curb, going thru a fence and into a back yard, that should be more than enough warnings that ya might have missed somethin.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Staging Lane

Yea like near my house on woodridge on 45 there some apartments well next to the apartments there is a curve. Well the curve thank god it has rails cause every weekend they crash into it and they fix it every week. If it wasn't there a couple of ppl from that apartmemnt would be dead
Old 02-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Launching!

the common stupid screw up here is idiots hittin the big fancy concrete neighborhood entrance signs. i dunno why they keep rebuildin them, they literally last 5 or 6 months before gettin demolished. guess it keeps em from runnin out onto a main road
Old 02-13-2010, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

invest in some spike strips lol

Quick Reply: Speed bumps in neighborhood