Moving to Waco (any jobs)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to Waco (any jobs)

Hey guys, I am getting out of the army and relocating to Waco from KY. I am from Texas but never been to Waco. Any advice on good or bad neighbor hoods (I don't want the SS on blocks). How is the job market on Waco? I am almost completed (three classes away) with my BS on Computer Network Management. I was an Infantry man, so I qualify for some Law enforcement jobs. Any help will be greatly appreciated, I am just Glad to be back on Texas, you guys that never been outside of Texas don't know how good you have it
Old 02-20-2010, 12:37 AM
Launching!

Waco, Why???
Old 02-20-2010, 12:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Waco? are you serious? Well... I haven't been searching for a job so i honestly don't know what's available here. I'mma go ahead and say that law enforcement probably would be decent around here, maybe you can let me off with some warnings LOL the networking thing... Not really sure where to start on that, some people seem to do better in dallas n austin (larger cities) in that field, but i'm really not entirely sure.

As far as decent neiborhoods, i'd say the majority of Hewitt is still holding together, woodway for the most part, and maybe patches of west n north waco. If you want to be further out of the actual city, China Spring is pretty nice, lorena, and maybe some random areas here and there like new spots in robinson.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

Thank you guys for your input. I am choosing Waco because I never been there. I have lived on Austin, Galveston, and Houston area before. I am not looking for any big city, but nothing too small ether. I kind of pickup a map and my wife and I look at it and she found a few jobs (pharmacy tech) in Waco that is how we made or final decision.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Staging Lane

anything else I should know about Waco before I get there
Old 02-22-2010, 04:18 PM
12 Second Club

I know Waco PD is hiring right now. Other than that, the job market here sucks *** (as far as good jobs go) as far as im concerned. Ive been looking for a while. Hewitt and Woodway are good areas to live. There are alot of places right outside of Waco to live like said above. There are alot of medical related jobs here tho.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

You tried corpus? Lots of medical jobs there for the wife. Not to small, and not to big. Born and raised there so I'm never going back, but thought I would throw it out there.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99SSAGUI
anything else I should know about Waco before I get there
yes, you should know not to move there.