need advice with tickets in port a

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need advice with tickets in port a

me and my two buddies were driving on the beach in port a saturday with tops off and windows down. port a cops, undercovers, and gamewardens all staring hard naturally to see if i was to mess up but didnt get messed with till i turned around at the jetty. as i turned around i passed a cop and a gamewarden..nothing...then this dick of a cop pulled me over and said i didnt have my seatbelt on when i did. when he turned his lights on i pulled over onto one of the access roads and then i ended up getting a ticket for no seatbelt and no blinker. this cop had a camera guy with him filming for Heat on truTV so im thinking he just wanted a clip but anyways. how do i go about this when i had my seatbelt on? hope he doesnt show up but if he does, bring my two friends and ask for a lie detector test? haha
Old 03-17-2010, 07:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by futuref-body
me and my two buddies were driving on the beach in port a saturday with tops off and windows down. port a cops, undercovers, and gamewardens all staring hard naturally to see if i was to mess up but didnt get messed with till i turned around at the jetty. as i turned around i passed a cop and a gamewarden..nothing...then this dick of a cop pulled me over and said i didnt have my seatbelt on when i did. when he turned his lights on i pulled over onto one of the access roads and then i ended up getting a ticket for no seatbelt and no blinker. this cop had a camera guy with him filming for Heat on truTV so im thinking he just wanted a clip but anyways. how do i go about this when i had my seatbelt on? hope he doesnt show up but if he does, bring my two friends and ask for a lie detector test? haha
No matter how much of a PITA he was at the end of the day it's your word against his and with law enforcement our words don't count much. Unless you have video evidence from that truTV crew that shows you with your belt on, I would just plead "Nolo Contendre - no contest" and take DD to have it dismissed. Probably not worth your time or money to fight it as you will likely loose in the end.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:35 PM
11 Second Club

Make an open records request for any dash cam video that was shot. Request the footage from the show, or subpoena the footage as evidence in the case. Complain to his supervisor that he was putting on a show for TV and lied about the ticket, sometimes they will do the legwork for you and find the videos. Have all your friends show up to court and testify, judges find it hard to believe that a handful of people would take the day off work to come lie in a courtroom. The cop may not even show up and it will be thrown out.

The system is setup to screw you 9 times out of 10 though, so if all this seems like too much trouble...plead no contest and get a deferred judgment. Screw defensive driving, the same deal can be cut by just paying a fine and waiting maybe 3-6 months before doing anything bad again...then it will be kept off your record.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

good advice just pisses me off that i street race, speed, roll through stop signs, little stuff here and there not get caught but then when i am actually obeying the law in every way i get a ticket.