ricekiller

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ricekiller

Whos going this monday? and lemme know what mods u got ill be in the mood for a friendly run if ur down depending on ur mods. i just got a slowbolt with bolt-ons and a tune
Old 03-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Teching In

I might come. Mods in sig.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LoudGM
I might come. Mods in sig.
lol dang those heads scare me but im still down look for a skinny white kid in a black cobalt that will be me haha.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nastyss34
lol dang those heads scare me but im still down look for a skinny white kid in a black cobalt that will be me haha.
lol....
Old 03-26-2010, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

I gotta ask! Do you think you can outrun a cammed ls1?
Old 03-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by redws618
I gotta ask! Do you think you can outrun a cammed ls1?
lol um outrun def not but stick for a little while till 120-130 then ur gunna start pulling me pretty good. but i have no clue where my car runs cuz i never rly raced a ls1 bolt-on etc.. i raced a jb3 335i on map7(15.7psi) he also has intakes, catless DPs and a cutout, knowledge is off youtube but those run faster than cammed ls1s. the 335i is my friends car his shifting isnt god but he can hit the gears nicely oh and he will also be at ricekiller monday, anyways from a 40 roll i am deadeven with him till 120 or so. the lil balt runs good for having a old tune that needs updating for the new mods i have. new tune will be running 24psi instead of 22 and will be updated for the extra flow etc..
Old 03-26-2010, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

what mods ar done to the balt? is it sc or turbo?

and i agree 100% with redws618.......do you really think you can out run a cammed ls1? lol
no way sir.

i had a 2004 srt-4 that put down 450 fwhp and 470 tq. i was pulled by a h/c/i ls1. we did a 40,50,60 roll and did a few digs too

due to the fact traction > fwd......even from a roll if your making decent power.

the cobalt was a failure on chevy's part to compete with the srt.....to be the fastest fwd car under 20k
Old 03-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bigdave619
what mods ar done to the balt? is it sc or turbo?

and i agree 100% with redws618.......do you really think you can out run a cammed ls1? lol
no way sir.

i had a 2004 srt-4 that put down 450 fwhp and 470 tq. i was pulled by a h/c/i ls1. we did a 40,50,60 roll and did a few digs too

due to the fact traction > fwd......even from a roll if your making decent power.

the cobalt was a failure on chevy's part to compete with the srt.....to be the fastest fwd car under 20k
2008 turbo cobalt. what was wrong with the skittle then lol 60 roll u should have killed a h/c/i ls1 or he lied and was spraying or was stroked? cuz just dont see that happening srt-4s are slow without bigger turbos i put bus lengths on those things even stock i beat modded ones. but his is automatic and only has a cam so diff story if he had heads. never said i would outrun but sticking him is a possability i would say.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Getting deep in here.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dan Stewart
Getting deep in here.
yea not trying to just want to see whos going to ricekiller not looking for trouble sry if it seemed that way.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:16 PM
Launching!

i wouldnt trust youtube.. ive seen races with completely innacurate results just cuz the person filming wants to be the winner so he takes the jump, or lets off as soon as the other person starts gaining ground.. or he is about to have to shift and lets out, or the other person cant drive. or a mouse runs across the road and causes a diversion and the other driver takes a exit to miss him.. or whatever u could possibly imagine. its probly on there. lol but, have fun and take your own videos so we can see what we missed
Old 03-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by badinfluencelsx
i wouldnt trust youtube.. ive seen races with completely innacurate results just cuz the person filming wants to be the winner so he takes the jump, or lets off as soon as the other person starts gaining ground.. or he is about to have to shift and lets out, or the other person cant drive. or a mouse runs across the road and causes a diversion and the other driver takes a exit to miss him.. or whatever u could possibly imagine. its probly on there. lol but, have fun and take your own videos so we can see what we missed
hahaha yea i dont trust it truthfully, i got a video from last monday of a ls2 vette automatic had to have exhaust unsure of what else, struggling with me dont think he was expecting it lol. i pulled him for a little bit till 125 then it started coming real good my top end is nothin, but low end is pretty impressive. went from a 65 so unsure of the automatics weak spots.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:25 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

2008 turbo cobalt. what was wrong with the skittle then lol 60 roll u should have killed a h/c/i ls1 or he lied and was spraying or was stroked? cuz just dont see that happening srt-4s are slow without bigger turbos i put bus lengths on those things even stock i beat modded ones. but his is automatic and only has a cam so diff story if he had heads. never said i would outrun but sticking him is a possability i would say.
a H/C/I ls1 is putting down anhwhere from 420 - 500 hp (depending on quality of build).

What makes you think a car with half the torque and less traction (450 hp SRT4) could take on a V8 with more torq and more traction(450 hp fbody)?
Old 03-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HTX
a H/C/I ls1 is putting down anhwhere from 420 - 500 hp (depending on quality of build).

What makes you think a car with half the torque and less traction (450 hp SRT4) could take on a V8 with more torq and more traction(450 hp fbody)?
hmm well lemme see 2900lbs vs 3400 the srt 4 made more tq than the h/c/i camaro as well sooo from a 60 roll unless he had some 20$ tires on it, he should have put at least 2-3 cars on it. 450+hp srt-4s run kenne bell cobras. h/c ls1s dont without some spray.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HTX

Because its lighter lmao...
Old 03-27-2010, 11:01 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

hmm well lemme see 2900lbs vs 3400 the srt 4 made more tq than the h/c/i camaro as well sooo from a 60 roll unless he had some 20$ tires on it, he should have put at least 2-3 cars on it. 450+hp srt-4s run kenne bell cobras. h/c ls1s dont without some spray.
Im not quite sure you understand that H/C/I can mean so many different things. There really is a huge difference between a quality build and a budget build.

Also what i was refering to about the torque was "power under the curve" not necesarily a dyno number. also take in mind that when turbos are concerned that the power output on a dyno is not always the same as power out out on the road. plus turbo lag (once again depending on quality of build) can account for up to 1 or 2 seconds of lag... a N/A V8 does not.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:03 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Vectus
Because its lighter lmao...
wich can account for traction issues in a FWD.

noit to mention skittles are not very aerodynamic for 120+ mph runs
Old 03-27-2010, 11:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nastyss34
lol..
Old 03-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HTX
Im not quite sure you understand that H/C/I can mean so many different things. There really is a huge difference between a quality build and a budget build.

Also what i was refering to about the torque was "power under the curve" not necesarily a dyno number. also take in mind that when turbos are concerned that the power output on a dyno is not always the same as power out out on the road. plus turbo lag (once again depending on quality of build) can account for up to 1 or 2 seconds of lag... a N/A V8 does not.
i understand what ur saying im not looking to **** u off im just stating from my point of view u know? the big weight difference more tq and the srt4 has the hp so keep it goin on the top end. but if ur making 450whp on a srt-4 and u dont know how to break boost then u dont deserve to even drive it lol so lag should not have been a issue. like i said just my view that a 450whp srt4 should have walked it. but hey what do i know im just a cobalt driver anyways come to ricekiller ws6/camaro owners and ill be down for a run if u have heads i dont think ill run u, but a cam then sure why not. i just wanna see how the balt runs against u guys.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:11 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

sorry i wasnt trying to butt heads...

I wish i was around for ricekiller's GTG's. I would like to run a non-riced-out cobalt. I actually like them. Good luck and post some vids if you do run an Fbody.

Quick Reply: ricekiller