Learned something new today

Old 03-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Learned something new today

Had a wreck last week and took my truck into the bodyshop today for repairs. Have my insurance through GEICO, and recieved an email this afternoon that they will be cancelling my policy on April 11th due to my NOS system. Had no clue that would happen. I guess the adjuster squealed on me. Will I be on some kind of black list now? Can I just pull the system off and go to another insurance company, then put it back on?
Old 03-30-2010, 03:39 PM
11 Second Club

Wow! That sux! I was worried about mine to when I wrecked but the adjuster told me not to worry about it. I guess i got lucky. My bottle wasnt in the car either so I dont know if that had anything to do with it.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fastvet
Wow! That sux! I was worried about mine to when I wrecked but the adjuster told me not to worry about it. I guess i got lucky. My bottle wasnt in the car either so I dont know if that had anything to do with it.
Yeah, I called to ream the adjuster a new one and he told me he didn't care. We figured what probably happened is when he took pictures of the engine bay, for broken plastic aorund the radiator, GEICO home office saw the system hooked to the engine and the "jig" was up. LOL! Just wonder if another insurance company will inquire to GEICO and deny me also.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:53 PM
On The Tree

Wow that's crazy...not sure what to say about that.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by posz28
Wow that's crazy...not sure what to say about that.
Yeah, no SH*T, me either. I wanted to tell them "it's an f'ing crew cab 4x4 truck, the nitrous is just to keep up because it's such an f'ing lard ***!". I guess if I had a twin turbo big block pushing 1000hp+ that wouldn't matter, as long as it didn't have NOS.......... douche nozzles.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Teching In

hurry up and get a new quote elsewhere and hope this **** hasnt showed up yet.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

lmao.. damn that sucks bud
Old 03-30-2010, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny how they actually stated NOS system. You can tell them it's not a NOS system, but a nitrous express system.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:47 PM
Launching!

yeah, i had already heard that Gayco is shitty like that. Just another typical ins. company...

someone mentioned about a month ago on another forum that they used to send adjusters up to the track to get peoples plate numbers so they could see if they were insured through them and they could cancel them
Old 03-30-2010, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by redz_02
Funny how they actually stated NOS system. You can tell them it's not a NOS system, but a nitrous express system.
Actually the solenoids under the hood are NOS brand, but they didn't call it by it's brand name they just said "nitrous oxide system", and called it "an unauthorized modification"........again........douche bags.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
yeah, i had already heard that Gayco is shitty like that. Just another typical ins. company...

someone mentioned about a month ago on another forum that they used to send adjusters up to the track to get peoples plate numbers so they could see if they were insured through them and they could cancel them
I had not heard that.... that IS f'ed up. Yeah, but I'm coming out alright, they are still covering the accident I had. Just messed up I have to hassle with finding another insurance company.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:30 AM
Launching!

you'll be better off with someone else anyway
Old 03-31-2010, 07:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
you'll be better off with someone else anyway
Got anybody you recommend? I haven't shopped for insurance in a while and have no idea who's the cheapest, best coverage, easiest to deal with, etc. I just got with "GAYCO" years ago and stuck with them just trying to be a loyal customer..... now I see where that gets me. I had two trucks, motorcycle and house on my policy so they are losing some business, and I'm sure somebody would love to have that business. This was the first claim I had EVER had, period, for anything.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

that happened to a buddy of mine, SilenTXws6 on here. he had a lil accident in his TA and the isurance company saw the car, cage, 408, spray, biggs/littles, racing seats and simpson harnesses, etc. they paid for the damage and dropped the car like a hot potato lol. I think they called it "modified to the point it can never be returned to OEM specs" or some crap
Old 03-31-2010, 08:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
that happened to a buddy of mine, SilenTXws6 on here. he had a lil accident in his TA and the isurance company saw the car, cage, 408, spray, biggs/littles, racing seats and simpson harnesses, etc. they paid for the damage and dropped the car like a hot potato lol. I think they called it "modified to the point it can never be returned to OEM specs" or some crap
Do you know what he did afterwards? Did he have a hard time getting insurance again? Sounds like his is a little more modified than mine, but still, at least give the guy a rate hike or something, not just drop him like third period french, DAMN! I tried PM'ing him but that username was not found.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Call my guy with Farmers, He owns a vette and knows how it is... Austin Tasler 713-984-4961 Tell him Bad Chad sent you.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
Call my guy with Farmers, He owns a vette and knows how it is... Austin Tasler 713-984-4961 Tell him Bad Chad sent you.
Thanks for the lead, I'll give him a call.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:35 AM
Launching!

Call and ask to speak to kelly yanez with nationwide, 254 770 3355, nationwide on your side, she has been outside to see my car several times and i have my bottle mounted in the tunnel mount. never had to file any claims with them or ne thing but they seem like pretty cool people with very reasonable rates.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:47 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by joeoby78
Got anybody you recommend? I haven't shopped for insurance in a while and have no idea who's the cheapest, best coverage, easiest to deal with, etc. I just got with "GAYCO" years ago and stuck with them just trying to be a loyal customer..... now I see where that gets me. I had two trucks, motorcycle and house on my policy so they are losing some business, and I'm sure somebody would love to have that business. This was the first claim I had EVER had, period, for anything.
boycott gayco!

Call Tommy Tran he advertises on almost all the houston boards.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I used to have Geico, theyre a good insurance company....as long as you never get into an accident and actually use your insurance. I had one minor accident after many years clean and they tried to double my premiums, I cancelled and went with allstate.

Search this Thread