firehawk wrecked

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default firehawk wrecked

Me and the fam went to red lobster last night for a good Friday dinner. We finished our food, very good I add, thanks baytown red lobster, leaving on I 10 feeder we stopped at a red light. While waiting at the light I see a truck coming up fast, he slams in the back of my firehawk. I get out to look at the damage he tries to back away and run, he backs into the i10 overpass. Not realizing his tire is blowed out he tries to run down I 10 I follow him and call 911. My son and I were riding in the car and the rest of the fam was in the tahoe. So anyway he stops, after running he tries to come talk to me, at that point I warn him to wait for the cops because I wanted to whip his @$$. By the time the cops arrive this guy has left the seen, cops run his info and doesn't even know if he has insurance. Now I am stuck with a wrecked car I have to fix, can't ride for easter, and wondering how to make him pay.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do you have uninsured motorist property damage? that'd be your best bet, if not than collision but you'll pay your deductible and your rates might go up, 3rd option would be judge judy (ie sue him)
Old 04-03-2010, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have State Farm you should be good. If you want to sell the car as it sits then send me some details.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:27 PM
9 Second Club

God, I would be ******* PISSED! In all honesty, after he ran the first time, I would have beaten his *** when he tried to talk to me. Well, atleast you have his info. If you have a cop friend, maybe they can pull up his address for you...
Old 04-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Launching!

man, what the **** is wrong with douchebags these days??? damn that pisses me off

I already posted in your other thread, just saw this one. How hard did he hit you? Hopefully it wasn't hard enough to wrinkle your quarters
Old 04-04-2010, 12:38 AM
On The Tree

you should have umpd coverage if you have collision and comp (umpd is an option most companies throw in), and there usually is no deductible if you can use that coverage. only requirement i know of is there must be a police report filed. umpd coverage will be under your collision coverage.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:39 AM
On The Tree

if you got his info, cant you get his address and crap from public records or something for like 5 bucks? Try whitepages.com lol. Sue him. you will win hands down. In texas if they are uninsured i think they are automatically responsible for it. I dont remember how it worked exactly, but i was hit by someone in my 2008 F150 a year ago and they were uninsured, and had no license, (illegal immigrant) Call a lawyer and look into the details
Old 04-05-2010, 06:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default quarter panel

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
man, what the **** is wrong with douchebags these days??? damn that pisses me off

I already posted in your other thread, just saw this one. How hard did he hit you? Hopefully it wasn't hard enough to wrinkle your quarters
He wrinkled my driverside rear quarter panel
Old 04-05-2010, 07:26 AM
Launching!

That sucks man sorry to hear. Hopefully you have uninsured motorist coverage....

If you end up parting it out, let us know i'm sure you can make decent money toward a replacement. I would want the wheels and interior...
Old 04-05-2010, 07:57 AM
TECH Regular

Dam bro that sucks that happen to me last year a ford ranger tried running away frm my car but my car stalled after chasing his 30miles I got his plates & he took off that night which is a hit & run, so as of today this is wat going on

I got a "detective" frm San antonio police who worked on my case, he took my report & sent it off to the district atternoy after the DA sees the guy who hit me where going to press charges on him & sue, for 2900 he's got a few thing on his list, 10yrs ago DWI, phone harassment, & 2 traffic tickets & he had no insurence when he hit me, that's what the detective told me so it sucks man I kno how you feel
Are you in San Antonio?
Old 04-05-2010, 08:48 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mighty mex
He wrinkled my driverside rear quarter panel
that's not good. usually the insurance will want to total it if that happens. hopefully it's not too bad
Old 04-05-2010, 09:03 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Really sorry to hear about this. Uninsured motorist insurance will cover this if you have it in your policy.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Teching In

This happens all the time. It happened to my brother in law a couple of years ago. He got hit, guy tried to run, but then decided not to run, admitted it was his fault like they always do, gave us all insurance information, cops never came after two hours he was like I am leaving. Of course when we called his insurance, they said it was being investigated because he said it was not his fault. Without the police on the scene with a police report, there was no way to prove it was his fault. He was co-operative and we had his address and everything, but he told his insurance he was not at fault. After months of the two insurance companies supposedly battling it out, we just had to pay the deductible and fix it ourselves.
What did I learn? Next time I get in an accident I am turning on my VIDEO function on my cell phone. I will just casually hold it in my hand and not mention that it is on, and just let them do their dance that they either don't have insurance, or they are really sorry, it was their fault, my insurance will take care of it, just for me to go home and call thier insurance and have the agent say that it was not their fault. Then I can at least email their insurance the video.
I don't know if that is legal or will hold up in court. What do ya'll think?
Old 04-05-2010, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

cops should never take 2 hours to get there... if you call and say there an accident there there within mins.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default dropped the firehawk off to richey collision today

The car is fixable, if its totaled I will fix it, sorry guys I love that car I will not part it out. Real good customer service at richeys and I assure all of you that da hawk will arise from the ashes as the fiery phoenix on fire hard @$$ hell, so hopefully everything goes good so I can be back on the seen.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow, I hope your not injured and glad nobody was killed.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ls1jorge
Dam bro that sucks that happen to me last year a ford ranger tried running away frm my car but my car stalled after chasing his 30miles I got his plates & he took off that night which is a hit & run, so as of today this is wat going on

I got a "detective" frm San antonio police who worked on my case, he took my report & sent it off to the district atternoy after the DA sees the guy who hit me where going to press charges on him & sue, for 2900 he's got a few thing on his list, 10yrs ago DWI, phone harassment, & 2 traffic tickets & he had no insurence when he hit me, that's what the detective told me so it sucks man I kno how you feel
Are you in San Antonio?
ha i have u on myspace lol
Old 04-06-2010, 08:35 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ws6kid.
ha i have u on myspace lol
yes zir!
& Ls1tech!

MIGHTY MEX

GL on trying to get ur money back & fix!!!