HTC HD2 problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 11:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HTC HD2 problems

I beat the rush and purchased this phone thinking it was going to be the ****, and i was sadly mistaken. It has so many bugs its not even funny. Starting with the texting, im sure everyone has expirience their computer being super slow, like when you type a word and then it appears like a minute later.. well thats exatly what the phone does when texting. And it will freeze out of nowhere forcing you to either soft reset it or pulling the battery off. So far i am very dissapointed with this phone. Does anyone else have these problems? Anyone out there know if there is a android rom for it yet?
Old 04-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Staging Lane

go over to xda developers and check that out. It'll teach you how to get rid of all of the bloat ware and speed that sucker up. Hell, it has a 1 GHz processor in it.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Staging Lane

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=531

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=631

Go to both of those. You have to register but its worth it. If you don't see it, you HAVE to hard-spl before you do anything at all or you might end up with a paper weight. Just read, read, read and nothing bad will happen.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Resident

So its a pretty tedious process then? Will it still have all the good stuff it has or will i lose some for the new rom? I wonder why T-Mobile hasnt updated this phone yet, its almost a paperweight right now.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Staging Lane

No, it is not tedious. It takes maybe 5 minutes. Basically all you do, most of the time, is double click and .exe file on the computer, click a few buttons and sit back and watch. If there are some programs you lose, you can also reinstall them with a .cab file.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:56 PM
TECH Resident

I'll give it a try tomorrow after work.

Thanks for the info.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:55 AM
11 Second Club

I have had mine for three weeks now. I first of all love my phone but it does do the freezing from time to time. However many others who have it experience no problems with it. There will be a patch though. ETA? Who knows. There will be one.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GTRACER88
I have had mine for three weeks now. I first of all love my phone but it does do the freezing from time to time. However many others who have it experience no problems with it. There will be a patch though. ETA? Who knows. There will be one.
There will be no patch for a long time. These phones dont work like that. Microsoft still hasn't officially released the 6.5.3 roms for anything yet and even if they do, there is no guaranty that your provider will adopt that update. That's why the best bet is to go there, learn what you can and if you want, make your own roms. You can look for what they call a "kitchen" athat has all of the tools to do what you need.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:56 PM
TECH Resident

I remember when the G1 came out it had a lot of bugs but then tmobile started sending updates and the phone worked great after that. They are currently getting 15% returns on the new HD2 because of the way the phone is performing, so my guess would be they are going to get a patch and soon. This phone has way too many bugs, and its sad because its has the fastest processor yet it works like a turd.

IMO i dont think you should have to do anything to the phone, because it is their fault for releasing it all jacked up. For now i am using the G1 until they come up with something better for the HD2. I read up on that site and its just too risky for me. I dont understand half the **** there. lol
Old 04-07-2010, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an HTC, it also does the texting thing. I find as long as I restart it about once a day, i'm set.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:32 PM
9 Second Club

I got the HD2 the day it came out. I like it, but it was very buggy. I now have the energy rom on it, and it rocks. I also liked the Elegancia rom, but it wasn't as fast.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Slash8915
I got the HD2 the day it came out. I like it, but it was very buggy. I now have the energy rom on it, and it rocks. I also liked the Elegancia rom, but it wasn't as fast.
What does the energy rom do for it? Do you lose sense?
Old 04-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Droid FTW.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Slash8915
I run the energy rom as well. I am using the gtx themed one and it works great.
I tried the other ones, but just don't like them.

And no, you do not lose touchflo. Just read the energy rom thread under one of those links I gave you and look it over.

And on another note, they can send updates easier on an android phone because of it being linux. As I said, WinMo is a little more difficult.