Looks like the Big 12 is done

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 11:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looks like the Big 12 is done

Nebraska is reportedly off to the Big 10. Where do the rest of the schools go?

Discuss.

-Mike
Old 06-09-2010, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Nebraska is reportedly off to the Big 10. Where do the rest of the schools go?

Discuss.

-Mike
Well...

Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Colorado, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State go to the PAC 10.

Missouri thinks they are going to the Big 10 also.

Baylor, Kansas, Iowa State and Kansas State are hoping to get bids from Mountain West or some other conferences.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:09 AM
11 Second Club

they are trying to switch colorado and Baylor. So it would be all the TX and OK schools going to the PAC 16. I just hope UT, OU, OSU, and tech STOMP SC, and oregon. Love to see the "old pac 10" get stomped all day long so we can quit hearing how "Strong" they are. lol
Old 06-10-2010, 07:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

good we needed to get out of that, the North was garbage and never helped us out.

I like the PAC 10, good media, west coast schools, should allow us a nice path the the NC game.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Domsz06
they are trying to switch colorado and Baylor. So it would be all the TX and OK schools going to the PAC 16. I just hope UT, OU, OSU, and tech STOMP SC, and oregon. Love to see the "old pac 10" get stomped all day long so we can quit hearing how "Strong" they are. lol
Pac 10 offered to Colorado and not Baylor.

Baylor is left out of the loop...even though they have a better up and coming program than Colorado.

All the changes will happen in 2012 if we are all still around.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:02 AM
TECH Junkie

A&M still really wants to join the SEC, but the academic standards in that conference are what worry the UT leaders. From a purely football perspective, it would be awesome to see both UT and A&M in the SEC. It would force A&M to keep getting better, and put UT in THE most challenging conference in the country.

That said, it still seems more likely that UT and A&M go along with the other former Big12 schools to the PAC16.

If that happens, there are more rumors that the four super conferences would band together and splinter from the NCAA. Negotiate their own TV contract, form their own playoff/national championship system, and re-write the recruiting rules.

Should be interesting...

-Mike
Old 06-10-2010, 08:04 AM
On The Tree

TCU should be in instead of baylor or colorado
Old 06-10-2010, 08:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
Well...

Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Colorado, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State go to the PAC 10.

Missouri thinks they are going to the Big 10 also.

Baylor, Kansas, Iowa State and Kansas State are hoping to get bids from Mountain West or some other conferences.
Mizzou doesn't appear to be getting that Big 10 invite after all, according to the reports I'm reading.

Mizzou and the Kansas schools in the Mountain West wouldn't be bad. Lorbay will likely end up in CUSA with UH and Rice.

-Mike
Old 06-10-2010, 08:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by rabiddog
Yeah, I agree. Both from a football and a money perspective, TCU is more attractive than Colorado. The DFW TV market would already be represented by UT, A&M and Tech, but having a direct impact team in that market certainly wouldn't hurt. However, I sometimes wonder if TCU likes being a big fish in a small pond.

-Mike
Old 06-10-2010, 08:41 AM
10 Second Club

Yall probably know this but the A&M and UT big wigs are meeting today to discuss the future of the two programs. Bill Byrne Our AD stated that it would be nice for the two schools to stay aligned in the same conference but if it doesn't happen then they will still play once a year. The UT AD stated that he sees A&M and UT being in the same conference in the future. I love having the rivalry between A&M and UT and I have a lot of respect for UT as a school and as an athletic program. Yea there is a lot of **** talking that goes on during the season and what not but at the end of the day I feel there is respect for both these universities coming from each side. Long story short it would be weird to not be in the same conference as UT. I feel like A&M is on the right track to get our program where it should be and I am excited for whatever happens.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Mizzou doesn't appear to be getting that Big 10 invite after all, according to the reports I'm reading.

Mizzou and the Kansas schools in the Mountain West wouldn't be bad. Lorbay will likely end up in CUSA with UH and Rice.

-Mike
Ya they won't get an invite, that's why I said "thinks"

Missouri is the first one to talk about leaving for Big 10 two years ago, that's why it's funny to see them get screwed over.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rabiddog
Yeah thats why they got destroyed in there bowl game......
Old 06-10-2010, 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you imagine the conf. schedule that some of these schools would have?? You can almost say bye-bye to undefeated teams in the NC game.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:03 AM
On The Tree

Pac-10 favored Colorado over Baylor because of the Buffaloes' presence in the Denver TV market.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:04 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
good we needed to get out of that, the North was garbage and never helped us out.
Agreed! And I like that Missouri is about to be left hanging...they, for being the "strength" in the North, were way too weak for the Big12 conference. I'm excited about the future with this going on!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 06-10-2010, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99CamVanillaTop
Yeah thats why they got destroyed in there bowl game......
Baylor hasn't even made it to a bowl game since 94. Last i checked colorado hasn't been since 07. Both teams have a losing record in there bowl games.

TCU is up and coming. They are out growing all the schools they play and need to be bumped up to where they have some good teams to play.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by wild thing
Yall probably know this but the A&M and UT big wigs are meeting today to discuss the future of the two programs. Bill Byrne Our AD stated that it would be nice for the two schools to stay aligned in the same conference but if it doesn't happen then they will still play once a year. The UT AD stated that he sees A&M and UT being in the same conference in the future. I love having the rivalry between A&M and UT and I have a lot of respect for UT as a school and as an athletic program. Yea there is a lot of **** talking that goes on during the season and what not but at the end of the day I feel there is respect for both these universities coming from each side. Long story short it would be weird to not be in the same conference as UT. I feel like A&M is on the right track to get our program where it should be and I am excited for whatever happens.

I agree 100%. I love the UT/A&M rivalry, and as deep as it goes, there isn't the level of "hatred" between the fans as there is between UT/OU.

But, UT played OU annually when OU was in the Big 8 and UT was in the SWC. There's nothing stopping an annual UT/A&M game across conferences. I'd prefer to see them in the same conference, though, because it is more fun when the games have direct conference championship implications.

-Mike
Old 06-10-2010, 12:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Best thing I have read all week:

http://www.bringonthecats.com/2010/6...-big-12-twelve

******* DYING over here. LOLOLOLOLOL
Old 06-10-2010, 12:11 PM
10 Second Club

There goes Colorado...
Old 06-10-2010, 12:14 PM