time to let her go?

Old 06-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default time to let her go?

Thinking of selling my 01 SS,and picking up a 3rd gen. I'm going back to school and with the hours ill be working almost all of my check will be going towards the ss. What do u think I should do?
Old 06-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by poopshootSS
Thinking of selling my 01 SS,and picking up a 3rd gen. I'm going back to school and with the hours ill be working almost all of my check will be going towards the ss. What do u think I should do?
Find a job that you can work around school!
Old 06-17-2010, 08:31 PM
12 Second Club

Personally, I think it is better to not have to worry about how you are going to pay for your car while going to school. If it will be that close each month, then I say sell it. Of course I do not have any emotional attachment to any car. I am more like a car *****, get it for a while until I get used to it and then move on to the next one. If you happen to get sick and miss work or your hours get reduced more, laid off, etc. then you will be stuck with a car note and a whole lot of worry on your shoulders. You can always get another one after school is over and do it all over again.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

take a loan for school.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WFOSS
Personally, I think it is better to not have to worry about how you are going to pay for your car while going to school. If it will be that close each month, then I say sell it. Of course I do not have any emotional attachment to any car. I am more like a car *****, get it for a while until I get used to it and then move on to the next one. If you happen to get sick and miss work or your hours get reduced more, laid off, etc. then you will be stuck with a car note and a whole lot of worry on your shoulders. You can always get another one after school is over and do it all over again.
X2, I would just sell it and relieve some stress from your school work.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SIC GTO
Find a job that you can work around school!
i like where im at for once lol.

Originally Posted by WFOSS
true,ive had the car 1 1/2 yrs and thats the longest ive ever had one. job also cut back overtime so i rather not have to worry about paying without a job.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok obviosly you want to go back to further your career. If your job is, logistics? Odds are your company might help you with school if they know your wanting to go back to school to further educate yourself and obtain a degree. It might not hurt to check into that. Im just throwing idea's out there. I know my company will hire anyone with a degree and from there they will help you out with almost anything, all of our engineers have it made.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:19 AM
On The Tree

i would just sell it..or better yet trade it for an lt1 car. better yet trade it for THIS lt1 car haha
Old 06-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by avengedws6
ok obviosly you want to go back to further your career. If your job is, logistics? Odds are your company might help you with school if they know your wanting to go back to school to further educate yourself and obtain a degree. It might not hurt to check into that. Im just throwing idea's out there. I know my company will hire anyone with a degree and from there they will help you out with almost anything, all of our engineers have it made.
my company does help pay for college, but only towards buisness or IT related degrees. im a nursing major....
Old 06-18-2010, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

my company does help pay for college, but only towards buisness or IT related degrees. im a nursing major....
you must be going to uta
Old 06-18-2010, 01:07 AM
11 Second Club

How much do you owe on the car?
Old 06-18-2010, 01:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GTRACER88
How much do you owe on the car?
a lil over 9k.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:09 AM
On The Tree

a lil over 9k.
9 on an 01 fbody? Get out from underneath that. Why are you spending all of you money on a car payment? That's just crazy.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:17 AM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shoot me a PM with some details on the car. I have a guy that might buy it if it's clean and mechanically sound.

Search this Thread