Texas Direct Auto

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 11:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas Direct Auto

Anyone know anything about this dealer in Houston? www.texasdirectauto.com. Looking at this vette from them and want to make sure they are a good place to deal with. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...7098QQtcZphoto.

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Launching!

my brother (optimus) bought his tahoe from them. Very pleased with them and a great deal.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the help.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:48 PM

Default The truth with proof

Takes 10 characters to delete post! Wow

Last edited by TTTConsumerReview; 06-19-2010 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Wow
Old 06-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Teching In

I bought a 02 ws6 ramair From them. and the car was in exel shape and even got them to come off the price some. And sold the car a year later for the same price I payed for it. The dealer couldn't get over how clean it was.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:11 PM

10 Character to delete post!

Last edited by TTTConsumerReview; 06-19-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They seem like a good company and have heard good things before. All their cars are priced fairly.

I am sure the car looks great, there isn't much a good buff and wax can't fix, which is what they do to every car that comes in. My 06 Buick was pretty bad and it looked like a brand new car the next time I saw it on the sale lot.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Teching In

I almost bought a truck from them in November and talked to a salesman about there business model and the fact that they photoshop the pictures does not suprise me at all.

From what the guy told me:

- ALL cars on the lot are as purchased from the auction.
- When each car is recieved they create a list of items that need to be repaired. (The Tundra I was looking at had a few items from buffing a scratch out of the tailgate to replacing a back seat door panel because of a deep scratch, and a few more items only one of the items I could see in the dark.) You should be able to get the list.
- Once the car is purchased they make the repairs then detail the car (They told me they would need 2 days to make the truck ready once I bought it and I was local. There goal is to never detail a car more then once.

And honestly the guy told me they move 30-40 cars a day, they seemed realy straightfoward and very volume based if you are concerned about the photos call them I would not be suprised if they sent you uneditted pics.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Teching In

I bought my 04 Z06 from them. It was in great shape!! It had low miles with only the best bolt ons. I am very happy with the car. They would not budge off the asking price, I even played the "I'll think about it" approach, but it was a failure. I payed asking price but I got them to throw in a tire and wheel warranty and that has def. payed off!! Hell they even let me go test drive it by myself, didn't even have to take a sales man.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TTTConsumerReview
Blah, blah, blah.
So, you're upset because they edit photos in Paint Shop Pro? What's the big deal there? Ever think they're just using that program to crop/resize the photos?

Heaven forbid you actually go look at the car yourself and make an informed decision.

Disclaimer: I've never dealt with or know anyone who works for/deals with this dealership. I just find this post ignorant with proof of software used on a photo - OH NO.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Teching In

Yes they did the same for me. On the test drive. And as far as the last min repair thing I don't know anything about that. I called that morning and showed up by noon and the car didn't get detailed till I bought it. So everything worked out fine for me. They sale alot of high end cars. And it's was more of a warehouse then a car lot.that is what they where telling me they mainly sale on the Internet. But they had no problem leting me look at all there car.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Staging Lane

i got my 2001 camaro ss with alot of slp add ons and centermount in 2007 and it only had 33k miles on it. i got it for a fair price and it was in great shape. they wouldnt budge off the asking price on me either lol but it was a good price still. the only thing i did not like whatsoever was that i paid 2k for unlimited mile warranty and when i needed it comes out that they didnt pay the warranty company? after alot of calls and struggling i got my 2k returned to the bank but that sure didnt fix what needed fixing. oh well. car was awesome looking tho n ran great. 13.1 with a paper filter
Old 06-19-2010, 06:38 PM
Launching!

TTT-The second photo is of the ZR1 theyre selling, does the all powerfull Snoop software tell you that your a failure at winning teh internets?
Old 06-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Staging Lane

check out all the complaints on here. u can google texas dierect auto complaints n tons of diff sites come out with ppls complaints about them. i kno i wouldnt deal with them again unless i pay cash lol.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...o-c180020.html
Old 06-19-2010, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

^The thing is with those review sites...ANYONE can sign up and make up a BS negative review it is the internet after all where 90% of the people on it do not have life and just love to do stuff like that.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:32 PM
10 Second Club

Well my dealing with them was not on a good note. I live in Forney and drove to Houston to see a truck and it was nothing like what they said it was... And the picture had to be one photoshoped or something it was in very bad shape when I saw it.

Just do a google search on them. And look how many hits you get on them.

Texas direct auto complaints

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...o-c180020.html
http://www.ripoffreport.com/Auto-Dea...iams-24878.htm
http://www.ripoffreport.com/auto-dea...isso-9a2x4.htm

I know not every car was bad but mine sure as hell was and it just pissed me off to drive that far to find this out. When I ask is there any thing that I should know about the truck before I come out..... He said Nope it's perfect.

And I didn't buy the truck by the way.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

yea and costumer service sucks ***** also. they didnt even wash my car from the outside when i went to go pick it up. they have nice cars but they need to get there **** straight.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was looking at a CTS-V they had. E-Mail conversations back forth were timely and courteous.

But after doing some research, I decided to keep looking.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:32 PM
That's what she said...

I bought my V from there and it was a great experience overall.

They wanted $27k for the car on ebay, the auction ran out with no buyers before I drove over to look at it. While there, they would NOT budge off of $27k, so I went home. Before I even got back to the house, they had re-listed it for $25k lol. I clicked buy it now and went and got it the next week. Kind of pissed me off that they didn't even chase me down as I was going out the door to drop the price, but I guess when they say "we don't negotiate prices" they ******' mean it lol.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:57 PM
Staging Lane

yea for my car they wanted 19k, then 18k, 17k, 16k finaly went down to 15.5k and i went to go pick it up.

Quick Reply: Texas Direct Auto