how to fight amplified noise ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default how to fight amplified noise ticket?

was in my 08 cobalt SS.. had the radio probably 85% up (can barely hear the bitch unless its 50-60%) and i had the bass way down anyways cop gave me a ticket for amplified noise said I was taunting him because he was sitting somewhere close

oh and stock deck/speakers

Last edited by Gun5; 07-07-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should have popped his bitch ***......
Old 06-23-2010, 09:19 PM
TECH Addict

ya that'd be great being on probation and all
Old 06-23-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

pay it and move on
Old 06-23-2010, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 3.8redbird
pay it and move on
ya if i didnt just pay a $143 inspection ticket this month and have to pay my probation fee's.. **** it i want to fight this one
Old 06-23-2010, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

§ 10-5-2 NOISE PROHIBITIONS

(B) It shall be unlawful for any person to play or operate or permit to be played or operated, within the city, any phonograph, radio or any loud-speaking or noise-making device or attachment on any premises under the ownership, management or control of such person, when such premises are being used as a place of business to which the public generally is invited, in such a manner or in such volume as to be reasonably calculated to disturb the peace or to be unreasonably offensive to the public or to the occupants of other premises in such vicinity.
So pretty much it's up to the cop whether you were disturbing the peace or not. Also depends on hours. Can't be loud after 10:30pm or before 7:00am
Old 06-23-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hours apply mainly to households. On the street jammin to your favorite backstreet boys song won't get ya anywhere! I'm just kidding man. My roommate got one this weekend but he was hammering 2 W7's so that's kinda hard not to hear even from a few blocks away. Pretty shitty cop considering your stuff was stock. Sound like he was just out to get some one. Don't bother trying to fight it. You'll wind up paying more.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah just pay it and move on... you'll just dig yourself a bigger hole if you try to fight it... if he heard it in his car with his windows up then it was prob. too loud (not taking his side, just being honest) esp. if it was bass...i hate that more than anything, to be at a light and hear someone with this bass all the way up and their ******* car raddling!!!! ugh ok rant over (not that you were doing that it just popped in my head)
Old 06-24-2010, 07:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gun5
ya that'd be great being on probation and all
Pop your PO's bitch ***.....
Old 06-24-2010, 07:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The wife and I were coming home from dinner in my diesel P/U truck when some ridiculously loud, thumping bass Ford Exploder rolled up beside me at a stop light. It was so loud it was rattling my windows. It doesn't have to be loud to be enjoyable, you know.

The two guys were bobbing their heads like they had real musical talent.

I drive a 4x4, so it's riding a little high and the Exploder was sitting kind of low. So, I rolled up a bit to where my 4" exhaust was about even with the driver side window.

I then stepped on the brake and spooled that bitch up.

A nice plumb of hot, black, diesel fouled smoke shot right into driver side window.

I began bobbing my head as I pumped the accelerator.

If you are going to be obnoxious to others, you have to expect it in return at some point in time.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Teching In

brother, like everyone says pay the fine and be on your way..it is the police officers discreation, good thing it is only a Class "C" citation, and he only gave you one violation, usually the rule of thumb is to give up to 3 violations, that way if you get a break on two violations, theres always the 3rd.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mitchntx
The wife and I were coming home from dinner in my diesel P/U truck when some ridiculously loud, thumping bass Ford Exploder rolled up beside me at a stop light. It was so loud it was rattling my windows. It doesn't have to be loud to be enjoyable, you know.

I drive a 4x4, so it's riding a little high and the Exploder was sitting kind of low. So, I rolled up a bit to where my 4" exhaust was about even with the driver side window.

A nice plumb of hot, black, diesel fouled smoke shot right into driver side window.

If you are going to be obnoxious to others, you have to expect it in return at some point in time.
great story to start my day ^.^
Old 06-24-2010, 08:25 AM
On The Tree

I do that to guys who drive miata's!!! Too much fun!!
Old 06-24-2010, 08:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I hate douches that drive around with their music blasting and the windows down. Nobody thinks you're cool, dude.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:48 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

I would fight it. Make the cop show up at court and waist his day for a bs ticket. It isn't going to go on your record so why just give them money with out a fight. Set it up for a Jury trial too. They hate that because they might lose. I would never just hand over money for a ticket that isn't going on my record. And if the cop doesn't show up it gets dismissed and you don't have to pay anything.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by -Ross-

I hate douches that drive around with their music blasting and the windows down. Nobody thinks you're cool, dude.

that reminds me of an issue i had a few months ago. i pull up to a light and there is a 4 door car next to me with neons under the car and music playing rather loud. all windows were down and he had Tvs in the headrests of the seats. he was the only one in the car and he had **** playing. it was about dinner time too. I was glad i didnt have my kids in the car.

I made sure to get his plates and called the local police abotu it. he wouldnt get in much trouble for it but he deserved any he got.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:34 AM
11 Second Club

i used to do that all the time when I had my 7.3 Freaking so funny!
Old 06-24-2010, 10:48 AM
11 Second Club

Wish I could have seen that!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got one of those when I was 16. Cop just wanted to pick on me. I got 24 hours of community service @ Klein Annex for that crap. Pay it and move on, at least you don't have community service...
Old 06-24-2010, 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Scira
So pretty much it's up to the cop whether you were disturbing the peace or not. Also depends on hours. Can't be loud after 10:30pm or before 7:00am
Depending on where you were (county/city) most have a city noise ordnance... I know my citys loud noise ordnance is (If the noise of any kind can be heard from 50ft away and is a nuisance to anyone it can be consider a loud noise violation at any time of day). Even construction sites have to get a noise permit.

Originally Posted by dan03mach
I would fight it. Make the cop show up at court and waist his day for a bs ticket.
Cops love it when people fight the tickets. Most get a 2hr call (over time) out to show up to court for 30min. If it takes even longer they get more money...

Originally Posted by -Ross-

X2

Quick Reply: how to fight amplified noise ticket?