DFW area: Trade bad LS1 block for easy help with car

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DFW area: Trade bad LS1 block for easy help with car

I HAD a LS1 out of a 2004 GTO with 15k miles that broke 3 rods and tore up the inside of the block. 5 of the pistons are probably alright plus the block, valley covers, heads, etc. Tore up the brand new cam, too so no cam. Anyways, I could probably get a little for it but (1) want it gone because it frustrates me to see it and (2) am not very good mechanically and have other problems with my LS powered '56 Chevy.

When the LS1 went south, I put in a 5.3L which has been fine but I keep having issues with the fuel pump. Making lots of noise and I thought it was because I might've run the gas level too low but just found out that it is also only getting 9 V of power. I've run the car with 6 or 7 gallons of fuel so I know it's not being starved and I've run the car with the fuel cap off thinking it might not be vented but it still makes the noise. It has an internal pump, using a Corvette FPR, and everything appears to be well grounded but I'd need help checking the resistance on that, too.

I think someone who is decent with a multimeter and LS motors will track this down in a matter of 20 minutes? I just don't know how to do it. Might be a bad relay, might be the wire going to the rear of the car....I dunno. I also don't have a fuel pressure gauge or code reader.

I found a great mechanic that will know how to fix it but want to toss this out there first before I tow the car to his place.

Jeff
zip: 75077
Old 06-26-2010, 10:46 PM
TECH Resident

Well your zipcode is the same as mine so you must be close. Sorry i am of no help to you but i would sure like to see that 56 chevy.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

Sure. You're welcome to come over any time. I'm in Double Oak. PM me when you're free.