2001 WS6, Need to find a place to help in restore

Old 06-27-2010, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2001 WS6, Need to find a place to help in restore

I have had this car for 6 years (end of high school and all the way though college). I love this car, but it now has its fair share of problems, especial since its over 130k miles and in college I never had the money to keep it in shape and fix some of the problems that it has encountered.
I think that the poor car has built up its fair share of things that need to be fixed and looked at (paint, SES light that I can never seem to fix the right thing, exhaust leak, rough running engine, maybe a transmission problem, and some other things)

Now that I have graduated and moved into a good job and am pulling in some money, I am looking to try and restore this car back to the natural beauty that it was when I bought it 6 years ago.
Does anyone know of a place here in the North Texas area that is good and fair and can help me out with getting this car back to her glory days?

Really appreciate any help everyone!
Thanks!
Old 06-27-2010, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Genes body shop I have heard is pretty good. Never dealt with them though. I have never seen your car around, and ive been in denton 3 1/2 years.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

if you really want to have some major pride in it, do it yourself by talking to friends, tuners, and by using online resources. be prepared to make some mistakes that will cost you, even if you are experienced with working on vehicles, but you can know at the end that you are the one who has done everything to it!

don't use speed inc.'s carpet to replace your OEM carpet....i wont go into details but its definitely not great for restoring a car.

good luck
Old 06-27-2010, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 69gto96z
Genes body shop I have heard is pretty good. Never dealt with them though. I have never seen your car around, and ive been in denton 3 1/2 years.
I'll take a look into it. Ya I was up there for 5 years for school, the lease on our house ends on Wednesday. I spent most of ny time at Research Park, yours looks familiar, you don't work at the lube place by the Gateway do you?
Old 06-27-2010, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1Aggie09
if you really want to have some major pride in it, do it yourself by talking to friends, tuners, and by using online resources. be prepared to make some mistakes that will cost you, even if you are experienced with working on vehicles, but you can know at the end that you are the one who has done everything to it!

don't use speed inc.'s carpet to replace your OEM carpet....i wont go into details but its definitely not great for restoring a car.

good luck
I really would love to, but some of the problems I believe were caused by me trying to do it myself. Also with the new job I don't really have time or a place to work on it any more. Truthfully, its either get it back up and running like a champ, or find a new car :/
Old 06-28-2010, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wingman WS6
I'll take a look into it. Ya I was up there for 5 years for school, the lease on our house ends on Wednesday. I spent most of ny time at Research Park, yours looks familiar, you don't work at the lube place by the Gateway do you?
Yeah I used to work there. I may have seen yours around then. Do you still have the Z06 wheels on it? What major were you? I'm mechanical engineering tech. Congrats on graduating.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 69gto96z
Yeah I used to work there. I may have seen yours around then. Do you still have the Z06 wheels on it? What major were you? I'm mechanical engineering tech. Congrats on graduating.
Yup, I ran into once of twice. Mine was the black WS6 with the red 'Trans Am' on the side and the red Firebird on the front licence plate cover, and yes, the black ZR1 Corvette rims. I was computer engineering and just graduated in May. And thanks for the congratulations!
Old 06-29-2010, 07:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

I want to say I have seen yours, but maybe not. I always see a black WS6 with black ZR1s out there, and a red WS6 that was lowered a good amount, a white formula on FM5s, and a black firehawk.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:45 AM
Launching!

pm sent

Search this Thread